Get MY Body Right This Time!

Options
I am mom who ballooned from 190lbs to 220lbs, after birthing 4 kids in 5 years. Following the birth of my twins, more than 11 years ago, I have been trying to lose weight, on and off unsuccessfully. I did not realize that having children could take up so much of her time, which caused me to lose track of my own health. EVEN THOUGH IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THAT WAY! In January 2009, I was FINALLY determined to lose weight and keep it off THIS TIME. I mentally prepared myself for 2 months, by choosing to eat healthier, then decided to join a gym in March 2009, where I lost 20lbs in 3 - 4 months. After losing 20lbs pounds, I stopped going to the gym, due to my kids activities. I pretty much kept it off through healthier eating, except about 5lbs, for about 2 years. In April 2011, I was at 197lbs, when I reconnected with a high school friend, who happens to be a Certified Personal Trainer. He helped me lose an additional 25lbs (which put me at 175, give or take) and gained a lot of muscle and definition in my arms, which I was not expecting. During this additional 25lb weight loss, I also was going to the gym on my off days from the Personal Trainer, where I reconnected with other high school friends, in August 2011, and have been working out with them every since. I am NOW using myfitnesspal (more consistent NOW) to help me lose an additional 10 - 15 pounds. I LOVE THIS! I really like how you can also post your exercise and it calculates how many calories your burned based on the exercise your performed! After saying all this, NO MORE REPEAT OFFENDER (in the weight loss battle for me)! I am gonna GET MY Body Right This Time! for GOOD!

Replies

• pachamb
    pachamb Posts: 52
    Options
    Way to go with all the progress you have made!!! I love you positive I AM GUNNA DO THIS attitude! Good luck with all you goals. :)
  • GMBRTT
    GMBRTT Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank YOU very much! I appreciate the encouragement!
  • aasshhll33yy
    Options
    Congratulations with all your success to date. Hope that you are able to continue with your goal. Once you've turned away all the bad habits you should only have your new good ones, which will be helpful in maintaining your weight when your done--hopefully!! Good Luck!! :))
  • Laszlo_Panaflex
    Laszlo_Panaflex Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good for you!