Recipes for artichoke hearts?

rchambers2072
rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
I bought a jar of artichoke hearts in water a while back to make spinach artichoke dip, but the stuff is dangerous for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with them? They are not marinated...

Replies

• SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw, 150 g 165 0 2 35 2 0
    Leeks - (bulb and lower leaf-portion), raw, 75 g 46 11 0 1 4 1
    Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 125 g 33 8 0 1 1 3
    Generic - Basil Pesto, 1 TBSP 58 2 4 2 3 1
    Turkey - Meat only, cooked, roasted, 50 g 85 0 2 15 1 0
    Asda - Borlotti Beans, 246 g 200 29 1 18 0 15
    Sainsburys - Tinned Artichoke Hearts In Water, 240 gm 66 12 1 5 0

The turkey was leftovers - use chicken, turkey, or tuna to add the protein. I steamed the leek and roasted the red (bell) pepper although it would be fine raw, I just dont like it unless cooked. I also added black pepper and the juice of a lemon. It made two lunches! Hope this helps

Oh, and obviously bake or stir fry the meat so it's cooked!
  • I love chopping them up and putting them in pastas, for example with sundried tomatoes and some pesto. They're also a great pizza topping!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I throw them into salads or wraps. :)
  • jpbeck
    jpbeck Posts: 30
    My dad would take a can of cooked chicken breast chunks and a artichoke heart and blend them. Makes a good chicken sandwich.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    I love them in pasta dishes. Red sauce or white. They go with anything for me. Just be careful not to over cook them. I put them in the last couple minutes.
    One of my favorite dishes that my mom use to make is chicken, cream of mushroom soup, diced tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Sauce served over egg noddles. It is so good.