Dukan diet advice please?

Options
Well I have been doing the dukan plan for the past two weeks and have lost weight on it but I am worried that I may not be eating enough. In saying that I am eating like a pig but when I count up all of my foods at the end of the day on here its nowhere near 1200cals a day. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I am sticking to everything that is in the book. Am I worrying over nothing and this is what the attack phase is like?

Can anyone offer me advice as to what they are doing please?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Yep. Don't diet. If you're not willing to live that lifestyle the rest of you life, then chances are you're going to gain back whatever weight you lost.
    This is why diets are temporary fixes and people yo yo up and down with weight loss/gain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.. Although you are probably right I think I will stick to it, we all have to start somewhere. I have counted calories but I get bored easily which is why a mate introduced me to this. Since being on it I have lost 5lbs in two weeks. A little over the recommended 2lbs a week! It works for me, it is teaching me allot about foods. I just want to make sure that I am following the plan correctly
  • bagpuss64
    bagpuss64 Posts: 14
    Options
    don't know enough about the diet to comment on what you should and shouldn't be eating, but can you up your food intake at all to increase your calories? 1200 calories is working brilliantly for me for my weight loss, was only taking about 900 for the first 2 weeks as a kick start and then increased to the 1200. There is a website called mydukandiet that has lots of recipes on it ( had thought about this for myself but decided it was just too restrictive for me) and you could get some advice/recipes from there is you haven't been there already.

k x
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun, didn't know about this site and its brilliant!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.. Although you are probably right I think I will stick to it, we all have to start somewhere. I have counted calories but I get bored easily which is why a mate introduced me to this. Since being on it I have lost 5lbs in two weeks. A little over the recommended 2lbs a week! It works for me, it is teaching me allot about foods. I just want to make sure that I am following the plan correctly
    If you followed practically any diet, you could lose 2lbs a week. And what's odd is you said you get bored, but the Dukan diet is restrictive which means you eat a lot of the same foods repetitively. If repetition bores you, then this would end up being the same.
    Learn your correct daily calorie limit. It's easier to follow once you figure out how to get it done without really worrying about the foods you can't eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • PinkTreacle
    PinkTreacle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    4 of my friends did the Dukan diet for about a month & had great weight loss. They said they started feeling quite poorly after about the 3rd week & it's def not recommended as a long term diet.
    After the month they still ate very healthy but gradually put most of the weight they lost back on once they started to introduce the foods you avoid on the Duran diet!!

Id say it's great for a short term/quick loss but def not long term