FitBit....

Options
:smile: I am thinking about going out and buying a FitBit today. Does anyone have one and if so what do you think about it? Thanks!

Replies

• momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. I love it! I am active most of the day (homemaker) and wasn't sure how that tracked as exercise.
    So now I wear my Fitbit 24/7, log my food on MFP and only exercises which involve my arms (Zumba,aerobics, etc.). Fitbit adds any extra calories that I earn from walking and general activity.
    I love the graphic features on Fitbit's website, and I work hard to make sure I am more active after seeing what I am doing.

It was definitely worth it!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Love it! Very motivating little thing!
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have one, I don't use it. I wore it for a couple of days, told me I was burning what I thought I was burning so I put it away. Next year I'll get it out again and try it for a few days...
  • chris2365
    chris2365 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love, love,love my FitBit. I also think that the way it syncs my walking activity to this site is awesome. It's more than worth the money.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Have it, love it, use it every day. I've had it since the end of January. I had only one problem with it, stopped displaying or syncing or anything, turns out I just needed a firmware update and that fixed it up just fine.

i use my HRM for cardio like zumba and cycling, but I love that fit bit tracks my steps, stairs, activity level and sleep patterns. highly recommend it. I have even lent it to friends for fun, and they love it too.
  • hlouisej
    hlouisej Posts: 45
    Options
    I have had one for about 1 month now. I wear it all the time. It syncs automatically with MFP. I log all my usual exercising with MFP but use this to tell me how many cals I'm burning with just my normal activity. Its a great little tool.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Looking at some of the other things out there including bodybugg and body media and am wondering whether they are hugely different.
    Also, if you are not swinging your arms, does it count?

cgray, was it close to what you were seeing on MFP alone? Wondering if it is worth spending more money but want to get an accurate gauge like everyone else here
  • KBside
    KBside Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks for the replys everyone! My husband just took me out and bought one for me. Excited to give it a try! Thanks again! :smile: