Age bias?

Options
LiteBrite007
LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
I'm so curious as to why people only want to be friends with people in a very specific age group. :huh:

I understand older people not wanting to be friends with youngins. "N0 b0dy l1k3s re@d1n9 th1s @ll d@y.":smokin:

And youngins I can understand why you may not want to be friends with older people. "It's lose weight not loose weight. Sit up straight. don't drink too heavily on the weekends.":indifferent:

But why do people need to be between the ages of 40 and 45? What if I'm 46? We cannot be friends! AM I TOO OLD FOR YOU?! :explode:

Or "the 35 to 45 year olds?" Why? I'm really curious. Can you not relate to someone that is 34? 54? 24? Why do I have to be 44? Is it just for better relations??? I don't know, Just curious. :heart:

Why not just ask for people with the same goals?:ohwell:

Replies

• SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think you are a great friend. Have a fun weekend.
  • LiteBrite007
    Options
    Thank you so much Dear. :flowerforyou: You do the same too.

Much love from ~*Lite*~
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I wandered about that, but either way it's their choice based on what are they really looking for. Not a big deal for me anyway. Just a bit curious.
  • LiteBrite007
    Options
    Yeah, I just was wondering because I have friends of all ages. So was just thinking what would make me want to keep them a certain age.

lol whatever. It's cool. Guess I shall never know. :laugh: :wink:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I take friend request from everyone who wants support!! Age is not a factor to me but I do notice its an issue to others!!

We can all learn from everyone!!
  • LiteBrite007
    Options
    That's how I feel! Exactly. This will remain a mystery, I know it!
  • iowrob
    iowrob Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't think age is relevant anywhere but particularly here where we are all looking for help and support.
  • LiteBrite007
    Options
    Hmmm. Great answer! I guess more people feel like me than the age bias people.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Maybe cuz there's more of a common ground. People in their 20's may not have been married long, or have children, etc etc. So maybe that's why some people only want older friends.
    I don't really care either way. I just can't relate when people party a lot cuz I'm old and boring now lol.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and I have friends who are 21 and friends who are 60. I don't really mind either way, though by fluke, most of my friends are in the 40-50 age range, probably because we have a lot more in common. But my son is 23, so I can relate to 21 year olds and there are days I feel like I'm 60, so I can relate to that age, too. Plus, all of my friends ROCK!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    us 40+ guys dont get much love, probably because enough 40+ older men have been pervy to the younger ladies.... :sad:
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    idk but i get this! its not easy for me either being 19! no one wants to have the youngin friend! haha except you lite! haha
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number.. and to me, we are all here to lose the flab. I'll be friends with anyone regardless of age :) I'm 31 but am often mistaked for looking 17! So I get discriminated against.. they don't realised I am married with 4 children! To me it doesn't matter at all. Anyone feel free to add little ol me xx
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i am 41, i have friends on here from 23 to 60. If I like you, I like you. age means nothing. I am still as stupid in my head as an 18 year old.
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i am 41, i have friends on here from 23 to 60. If I like you, I like you. age means nothing. I am still as stupid in my head as an 18 year old.
    [/quot
    e]

I feel the same!
  • LiteBrite007
    Options
    AWES! You guys are the greatest!!!

Thank you Shawna! You are so sweet!:flowerforyou:

Alright everyone, go and friend each other. And don't forget about the youngin! Just poking fun at you Shawna.:wink:
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    The only explanation I have is that they are looking for dates? I dunno. It's weird to me. You all are great, but you are still random internet people. So who cares what age you claim to be?
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. I'd rather be friends with an intelligent 18yo than a stupid 43yo. Age is a number. I'm more concerned with maturity. If you want to talk about drinking and skipping school as if it's something cool I'm probably not going to have much in common with you. By the same token, if you only want to complain about your arthritis and how the government is screwing up your social security, I'm also not going to have much in common with you.
  • GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe because some people think people of the same age range can understand the weight loss obstacles of one another. Come to think of it we all have them no matter what age.

Good point!
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have friends with similar interests I don't care about age