Weight differences from night to day.

Options
I wake up in the morning and I weigh 158 pounds, and then I weigh again around 9pm and I weigh 162. I keep thinking I'm losing weight when it just is that I weigh less in the morning than I do in the night time. Any ideas on how I can keep my weight more centered?

Replies

• ldominguez1986
    ldominguez1986 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think that its normal to weigh more at night. I have always read to get a true number of your weight you should way yourself when you wake up after you used the bathroom. I am pretty sure it's normal for your body weight to shift that much during the day
  • Christina1399
    Options
    Yeah, your morning weight will be more accurate. As the day goes on you retain water.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    seriously??? why are you weighing yourself multiple times a day??? whatever you weigh first thing in the morning is your weight. keeping your weight centered throughout the day- wow- lol!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Easy fix, don't weigh yourself twice a day. Once a week is more than enough as it is perfectly normal for your weight to fluctuate by a couple of pounds from day to day (usually just changes in water weight)

During the day you have eaten food, consumed liquids etc - I'd be more worried if I weighed less in the evening (not that I'd weigh myself twice a day)
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I weighed 5lbs less this morning than I did last night - I only get weighed once a week - Saturday morning but I like to see how much I drop from the Friday night to the Saturday morning :smile:

Weight wise what are you doing on a weekly basis?
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    your always gonna weigh more in at night then you do in the morning.. not to sound gross but during the day your body can hold up to 3lbs ouf waste.... gross i know but just think of everything you put into your bod during the day... in the morning your empty, so your gonna weigh less
  • nevaeh1984
    Options
    I know what you mean, but really, don't worry about it. It's just water and food, and ultimately (add bad word here)

So I wouldn't worry about being full of it because it'll flush out! As others have said, once a week is better, if you do it everyday then do it at the same time and keep a note, after a couple of months you'll also notice notice a pattern: how your body weight deals with TOM, lack of sleep, stress, party nights, etc.
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    Don't laugh! it's all to do with the moons gravitational pull on earth! ha ha, it's true. Also the food and liquid you've taken in during the day. Only weigh in the morning on an empty stomach (after the sun is up) That is your true weight.

I can vary up to 6lb in a day sometimes depending on what I've eaten and ahem! passed a motion or not!

I used to hop on and off them evil scales nearly every time I passed them, nothing wrong with that but it is really upsetting when they go up at the end of the day. Stick to once or twice a week max! and only in a morning.

Good luck. x
  • NetteH13
    NetteH13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You should go by the weight you weight in the morning. If you weight at night, you're weighing everything you've ate and drank on that day. Bad idea.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Dont weigh yourself so often the weight at night is just the digesting food you have eaten throughout the day and water you have had to drink. Your weight in the morning is the closest to your actual weight. Weigh yourself once a week or once a month and taking measurements is important because the scales lie and can go up if you have put on muscle from working out and running even if your clothes are getting more loose!