Age bias?

Options
2»

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number, but I would rather have friends with similar interests outside of tracking food... If you add me and you hate the things I like, what is the point? If you're gonna get mad when I post about fishing, PlayStation, metal music, guitars, or ferrets, then don't add me!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am more interested in friending people with similar goals to me to worry about their age, location or sex etc. I am also happy to friend peole at the start of their journey provided they are going to eat properly and exercise.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    AWES! You guys are the greatest!!!

Thank you Shawna! You are so sweet!:flowerforyou:

Alright everyone, go and friend each other. And don't forget about the youngin! Just poking fun at you Shawna.:wink:

haha its the truthh! im one of youngins!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I am not bias at all! I have people of all ages of my friend list. One of my MFP besties is in her 50s!! She is my buddy and we talk all the time! LOL I can see people not wanting to be friends with me because I'm one of the young ones on here (22 years old) oh well... I am cool with everyone of all ages, genders, etc. :flowerforyou:
  • confusionnohime
    Options
    I think you're awesome and you motivate your friends, which makes you a very good friend. :flowerforyou: I guess some people are really like that. *sighs*
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I have friends of all ages....................

I'm young at heart :heart: :heart:

But I DO have to say that, weight-and-motivation-wise, I can relate to people in my age group better. I am an old broad ........... and I can readily admit that! But I'm very healthy and I'm loving walking and hiking - but you prolly won't see me in a gym, nor am I in to weights (yet). So, we all have different needs and motivators.................

But I love you younguns around here - lil whippersnappers, ya are :wink: :wink:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I don't think age should be an issue and it is not for me. The same way whether you are men or women should not be an issue. I am thinking the only reason is hook up possibilities?

I am a friendly person and may be a bit flirty but I am here to talk about fitness and be virtual friends with like minded people.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm 18. I actually act a lot older than I am. What with my proper grammar and such. I mean, besides my diary (which is fast food), I'm pretty mature. But I don't understand the age limits. I'll be friends with anyone, as long as you read my profile, and you're not creepy.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Lol I've never talked like that (online chatting) and I never will. It's irritating when people my age (even older/younger) make atrocious spelling and grammar errors in every damn sentence.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i am 41, i have friends on here from 23 to 60. If I like you, I like you. age means nothing. I am still as stupid in my head as an 18 year old.

LOL! Offensive. Just kidding. I can have my blonde moments :laugh:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'll be friends with any and all who ask :)
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    us 40+ guys dont get much love, probably because enough 40+ older men have been pervy to the younger ladies.... :sad:

Exactly. I'll accept requests from anyone, but never try to friend any ladies especially younger ones for fear of coming off creepy... For the record, I'm not 40 yet, but close enough...
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys!!! I'm loving the insight. I'm thinking its for hook ups too. But it could just be for better "Internet" relations. :laugh:
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It's really funny, isn't it? I'm one of the youngest 50-somethings I know, and there are some who are in their 20s who sound like MY grandma. LOL!

You have a good point, my friend - and I'm glad you don't have that particular bias. Because I *really* like being your friend! <3
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that the only people who have replied so far are the ones who agree with you! I'm 40, I have people on my list from 19-69 and, personally, I don't give two hoots what age, sex, race or religion (if any) you are, where you live, what your sexual preferences are, how many tattoos you have, how much you have to lose, how you're going about doing it etc etc - we're either going to get along or we're not, only one way to find out! But then, I am a tart! :laugh:
  • nomoreplaying
    Options
    VEDDY INTERESTING TOPIC HERE - I WONDERED TOO BECAUSE I AM SEEING MORE AND MORE OF THOSE REQUESTS. AND I DONT FIT INTO ANY OF THEM.
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's really funny, isn't it? I'm one of the youngest 50-somethings I know, and there are some who are in their 20s who sound like MY grandma. LOL!

You have a good point, my friend - and I'm glad you don't have that particular bias. Because I *really* like being your friend! <3

Awe. This has made my night. I really enjoy being your friend too. You are a wonderful person and an all around joy to know. That goes for you as well Nomoreplaying. You two are truly making this experience easier and more enjoyable. Much love to both of you! :flowerforyou:

:heart: ~*Lite*~ :heart: