any help is appreciated...

Options
I'm new to this whole weight loss thing. I don't need to lose too much weight, but after hurting my ankle pretty bad I gained a lot of weight. I'm getting married in a little over two months, and I want to look better for the wedding. I've started to eat better, I just have trouble getting motivated to exercise. If anyone can look at my food diary and tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Exercise is pretty important to living a healthier lifestyle. If you want to lose the weight and keep it off, you're going to have to find a way to get your body moving in a way you enjoy! I do a huge variety of workouts, so I never get bored, and I even work out at the gym too.

Drink plenty of water, and little of anything else.
    Avoid prepared, processed foods. Even Lean Cuisine and smart ones are too chemical-y to help you lose weight.
    Shop the perimeter of the grocery store. The best foods are found there!
    Develop a love for vegetables. They are great to fill you up without a lot of calories.

Just a few ideas! Good luck!
  • clockworkkarly
    Options
    your diary actually looks pretty good for the most part. i personally think you should at LEAST be eating 1400... if not 1600 cals a day since you are a man. BUT you do whatever works for you! good luck, and congrats on getting married!!
  • pippiagain
    Options
    John, looked at the diary for several days and did not see a single vegetable, and very little fruit! Need to aim for 3 veggie servings and 3 fruit servings a day. That will help a lot. Also, the snacks are crackers and cookies. Can you try something else? Fruit, yoghurt, nuts? Get used to veggies if you are getting married, women tend to like them. Good luck, and congratulations!!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi John,
    You need to add more veggies to your diet. The are high in fiber and fill up up and low in calories. Try adding a salad with your meals and take it easy on the dressing.

John
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I concur with the others, more fruits and vegetables. The fiber will keep things from sticking around too long =)

If you plan on exercising more and strength training, I'd suggest modifying your macros to 40% carbs/ 30% fat /30% protein