Just finished dinner.........ate a baby elephant? HELP

Options
Ok, so today is my first day, so as you know I am dotting every i and crossin every t...minding my p's and q's if you will ahahahahahaha. So I prepared dinner tonight, now my fiance is fit as a fiddle, and cute as a button (crackin myself up here) so anyway, I prepared our dinner the same EXCEPT I didnt measure out his ground turkey or count his tortillas for his salad, the rest was the same. So here is the baby elephant part. I measured my meat, and my cheese, and my maters and my salad greens and my 1/2 a dollop of sour cream and counted my 2 corn tortillas (made chips instead)...........MY SALAD SEEMED HUGE!!!!!!!!!! Alot bigger then I thought it would be, actually close to the size I normally have. DIFFERENCE WAS I MEASURED OUT WHAT I WAS EATING instead of just throwing alot in, WHAT DID I DO WRONG!?!?!?

So, I guess I just wanted to know, has anyone else noticed the same thing.

Oh and I topped it all off with a big glass of ICE COLD FAT FREE MILK YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. My workout treat!

If ya want my Ground turkey Taco salad recipe......let me know.........

Sassie-frass

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok, so today is my first day, so as you know I am dotting every i and crossin every t...minding my p's and q's if you will ahahahahahaha. So I prepared dinner tonight, now my fiance is fit as a fiddle, and cute as a button (crackin myself up here) so anyway, I prepared our dinner the same EXCEPT I didnt measure out his ground turkey or count his tortillas for his salad, the rest was the same. So here is the baby elephant part. I measured my meat, and my cheese, and my maters and my salad greens and my 1/2 a dollop of sour cream and counted my 2 corn tortillas (made chips instead)...........MY SALAD SEEMED HUGE!!!!!!!!!! Alot bigger then I thought it would be, actually close to the size I normally have. DIFFERENCE WAS I MEASURED OUT WHAT I WAS EATING instead of just throwing alot in, WHAT DID I DO WRONG!?!?!?

So, I guess I just wanted to know, has anyone else noticed the same thing.

Oh and I topped it all off with a big glass of ICE COLD FAT FREE MILK YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. My workout treat!

If ya want my Ground turkey Taco salad recipe......let me know.........

Sassie-frass
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't understand.

You measured out everything you ate instead of throwing a lot of food on your plate, correct? If you stayed within your calorie, fat, saturated fat, carb, etc. intake for the day you didn't do anything wrong.

Now... if you just ate a tub of sour cream, a million corn tortillas, and a pound of guacamole then we'd have something to worry about.

Did your dinner fit in your daily meal plan?
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't understand.

You measured out everything you ate instead of throwing a lot of food on your plate, correct? If you stayed within your calorie, fat, saturated fat, carb, etc. intake for the day you didn't do anything wrong.

Now... if you just ate a tub of sour cream, a million corn tortillas, and a pound of guacamole then we'd have something to worry about.

Did your dinner fit in your daily meal plan?

Yeah, thats what I am saying......it did, but because I have never really paid all that much attention. I did change the actual amount of cheese, sour cream and so on that I used and found that I was totally satisfied as if I didnt count calories.........no feeling of missing out on anything,,,,,,,
  • carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So... maybe what your post REALLY meant was that you're worried you won't lose any weight... if you're not cutting anything out and feeling a "lack"?

I mean... maybe you're thinking... "If this is how I always eat, and now I'm counting calories and trying to eat right so I lose weight and it STILL looks the same... nothing will happen, will it?!"

Am I "way off"?

I am trying to think how I might feel as I piled stuff onto a plate and saw that what I now "could" have, dieting, is the same thing as I normally would have.

Just attempting to understand your question! :smile:

Love,
    Carrie
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My take on this is that you have realized that you can eat well and don't have to starve and suffer and STILL lose weight. Is that right?? LOL! Because, that IS the case. I eat A LOT and have lost 75 lbs so far since September.

Just being accountable of every single thing going into your mouth and keeping it under control and portioned out will do WONDERS!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I for one would like your taco salad recipe, I think I seen the similar one on sparkpeople, I would love to have a taco salad once in awhile. So if you will give what you measured and how you prepared it. Thanks!!!:happy:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    nevermind
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    So... maybe what your post REALLY meant was that you're worried you won't lose any weight... if you're not cutting anything out and feeling a "lack"?

I mean... maybe you're thinking... "If this is how I always eat, and now I'm counting calories and trying to eat right so I lose weight and it STILL looks the same... nothing will happen, will it?!"

Am I "way off"?

I am trying to think how I might feel as I piled stuff onto a plate and saw that what I now "could" have, dieting, is the same thing as I normally would have.

Just attempting to understand your question! :smile:

Love,
    Carrie

Yeah I was wondering if this is normal. But Tamim hit it on the head. I was amazed that it looked the same, only I made sure that I was eating exactly what I measured out. Difference was I didnt add a ton of sour cream, half a block of cheese, 4 tortillas and WAY too much meat. My normal salad would look the same on the plate, but pack 400-500 more calories then the one that I actually measured. AND IT TASTED JUST AS GOOD, AND WAS JUST AS SATISFYING! I was really just wondering if I may have done something wrong...........is dieting supposed to be more then rabbit food?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    You did it right! I did the same thing the 1st time I made a taco salad using ground turkey. I thought the same thing...how can I eat this much and still lose weight?

It will amaze you the amt of food you will eat, and lose weight.

It's all about the food choices that we make everyday!

Keep up the great work! yea haw!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh yes I have felt like that many times...like wow...this I can do!!! lol

post your recipe on the recipes boards I'd love to see it because I love taco salad....and its pretty fattening usually but I like the turkey burger never thought of adding that!!!

hugs!
    and you go gal!!! lol
    Ali
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    yup i had the same thing the other night we made stir fry and i had mine later (as i go to the gym before i have dinner) and so hubby and kids eat before me anyway i got him to cook mine up for me with rice as well and bloody hell if it wasn't like double what he would normally serve me although i would then eat it with bread to fill me but that night i didnt ohhh im going to check out how much i can eat of my fav dish hope its heaps i love it.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    forgot to say i have no idea what the dish is but it sounds yummmy so a recipe would be great thanks i will keep my eye out for it thanks
  • splenda
    splenda Posts: 24
    Options
    Turkey Recipe Please!!!!!

:flowerforyou: Thanks!
  • shrtcwgrl
    shrtcwgrl Posts: 18
    Options
    Definitely would appreciate the recipe!
    Thanks!:bigsmile: