Is fruit salad a good lunch option?

Options
I'm just wondering if a mixed fruit salad with pineapple, watermelon, cantalope, kiwi fruit, honey dew etc is a healthy lunch option? ive heard some people say that fruit is very high in natural sugars and calories so its not very healthy. i love it and i feel like having it for lunch today but not sure if its a good choice.

Replies

• ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert by any means, but if it's in your calories, and you want it, have it.:smile:
  • kayakkris33
    kayakkris33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am no expert either but you can not go wrong with fresh fruit. Yes some fruit is very high but if it is within your calories - go for it!1
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    it's a much better source of calories and sugar than junk, so i say its a good option:)
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sure, but I would probably add some yogurt (whatever kind you like, soy, almond, rice, milk..etc) and some nuts and/or seeds. It will help you stay full longer.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'd add a greek yogurt or something to that effect for some protein, but other than that I don't see a problem with it....
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ooo adding yogurt is an excellent idea! i love that chobani greek yogurt...yummy
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes, plain Greek yogurt would be perfect to add to the fruit-- and even a half scoop of protein powder if you need it to balance the carbs. Aim for about 30 grams of protein for each meal-- for four or five meals a day. That protein balance is what really helped both me and my sister lose the weight!