New and Looking for a few Friends

Options
Hello! I am new to My Fitness Pal. Our local gym has been running a Biggest Loser Program and one of my friends is involved-she has done fabulous and is very inspiring, so here I am. Since last Tuesday she has had me at the gym teaching me the ropes and I am excited! I have lost four pounds already and find Fitness Pal very easy to use and the meal diary has really opened my eyes....so thats how I got here! I am a 37 year old mother of three and in education. Love my kids and want to be around for a long time to watch them grow up into the wonderful young people they are. If you interested in some support and you can support me, I would love to add you as a friend! Hope to see you soon! :smile:

Replies

• carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    I'm sending a request. I'm not new, but have yet to use the friends feature, maybe it's time to start.
  • luvmypoochie
    Options
    I'm sending a request. I'm not new, but have yet to use the friends feature, maybe it's time to start.

Hi, my name is Diane, I'm not new to MFP either, I joined with my girlfriend January 2011, I have lost 11lbs and have 11lbs more to go! The diary definitely opened up my eyes as well, its shocking how many calories you consume when not knowing what you are putting in your mouth. This journey has been very educational. I had personal friends who had joined as well, but 4 of them are MIA and its been pretty lonely. My friend suggested I hit the community boards and make some friends, so here I am! Feel free to add me.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Debbie 48yrs and just loss close to 20 lbs since January. I'm trying to eat more lean meats, fish, eggs, avacado, tuna, protein shakes and less breads, pastas, rice.
    I've worked out 4x's a week most of my adult life but never changed my eating habits- take a look at my diary and try it! Good luck
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options

Hi, my name is Diane, I'm not new to MFP either, I joined with my girlfriend January 2011, I have lost 11lbs and have 11lbs more to go! The diary definitely opened up my eyes as well, its shocking how many calories you consume when not knowing what you are putting in your mouth. This journey has been very educational. I had personal friends who had joined as well, but 4 of them are MIA and its been pretty lonely. My friend suggested I hit the community boards and make some friends, so here I am! Feel free to add me.

done :)
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im adding you as a friend :smile:
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm 25, married and have no children (not through lack of trying).

I've been here since between Christmas and New Year but started my journey on Jan 2nd.

I'm always looking for new friends to give/receive motivation/support/encouragement.

Anyone can send me a request. I always accept.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is an awesome site, and if you surround yourself with positive people, you can't go wrong. Good luck on your new journey and congratulations on choosing you!!! Feel free to add me if you like! :D
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    This site has been great for me! It helps to have some motivating friends!
  • Mathteacher35
    Mathteacher35 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am also a member of weight watchers. I am trying to compare the number of WW points to the number of calories. I love how MFP keeps track of all the nutrients and calories for me!
  • according2lizz
    Options

Same! I think getting some friends will help be the motivator to get these stubborn 20 lbs off!

Liz
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Oh add me too! a lot of my friends are online but dont comment on any of my items, so it can feel pretty lonely with out anyone to support you. Im pretty good about commenting on your news items, diary, sign in days, etc.
  • Mandired78
    Options
    Sending request now! I am a mother of three, also and work as a pediatric nurse. I am always looking for supportive MFP friends! I welcome any friend requests from supportive, positive people!
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm not new but it's my second time around on here. I left here and gained every bit back, so here I am again. MFP has really been a Godsend to me. I'm 32, and mother of 2. 12 yr old and 9 yr old. Always happy to add friends. You can add me and so can anyone else. It always pushes me to do better if I see "Joe Schmo" burned 500 calories spinning! lol