Tired of feeling disgusted with myself.

Options
Today I went to the doctor and reality set in about how bad my gain had been. Until recently I having been going through a nasty divorce from a very hurtful man. During this process I sadly put on some weight and I am tried of being ashamed of myself. So today I started a new journey. Lots of people can lose weight so why can't I? I am tired of looking in the mirror and not knowing the girl looking back. A friend of mine suggested this website for support and to help me manage my weight loss. She she the people on here are great and friendly. I hope that you all are doing well on your journey!

Replies

• ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Welcome!!! The day is a little brighter because you took the first step into a better you!! This site is great and addictive!! Good luck to you!
  • krismiller5
    krismiller5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank You! I am feeling good! This site is very addictive I am loving it and I can tell a difference in myself after three day. Of course not ness. weight loss I am just feeling better because I am eating better! :-)
  • frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Chrismiller - u can totally do anything you setvyour mind to!
  • wackicatt
    wackicatt Posts: 23
    Options
    It's all about baby steps and you are on the right path. I am so happy you found us here. I too, am not happy with myself but that will all change now. I wish you the best of luck.

Cat
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    So glad you could join us! We will be right here when u need us! Add me as a friend if you wish and do not forget to tell yourself that u r worth it and that you love yourself every day! Things will slowly start to turn the other way for you. Keep battling!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Lots of people can lose weight so why can't I?

You can! Set up your account properly (which I'm sure you've done!), find some exercise you enjoy (so you can eat more, no one likes to be hungry!) and reap the benefits. You'll do great. :)
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    As someone without many friends, Ive found this site to be immensely helpful. Everyone is here for the same goal: lose weight and be healthy. Welcome and know that you CAN achieve your goals xoxo
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    There is something a said to myself before I started that really gave me a boost. I looked at the scale 286 lbs :( and said "this is the heaviest I will ever be. And now everytime I pass a milestone (like earlier this week when I went under 250 for the first time in probably 3 years) I said to myself "you will never be a 250 pound man again. It sounds kinda cheesy I guess, but it always makes me feel so good to actully say it out loud. :)
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great website. I have lost 15 kgs so far, and feel pretty great. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, I am on here everyday.
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    It's so sad that'd our constant battle with our weight takes a great deal of time in our lives. We often have the wrong concept that we need to be skinny to be soccially accepted, successful, and happy. The love we should have for ourselves should really be enough to make healthy choices in every aspects of our lives.
  • ellesince1993
    Options
    everyone on here is so nice :)
  • krismiller5
    krismiller5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so overwhelmed with all the amazing people I have meet on here! Thank you all for your support it means so much me to know you are all behind me and supporting me! If you ever need anything I am here for you!
  • KeishaK89
    KeishaK89 Posts: 40
    Options
    welcome! you can do it!:flowerforyou: