Falling off the wagon...gaining 3-4 pounds back

Options
I had lost almost 50 pounds and made it to 167 from 214...then for 2 months I've gotten lazy. I have been getting depressed, binging, not working out. I keep fluctuating from 166 to 170ish. I know it's not much but I fear gaining all my weight back over time after all the hard work I've done.

I just am burning out...getting bored with my meals...and just miss being able to eat what I want and not care. Granted I did care, but I wasn't weighing myself and feeling sad after every fast food meal like I do now. My mornings start out good...I eat healthy. Then I get hungry at 10pm and just gorge on snacks like granola bars, snack bags of chips, skinny cow ice cream...and then say I'll start over in the morning. This has become a daily occurrence now. I have lost my dedication to my diet change and I'm not sure how to get motivated. Am I a failure? I would appreciate more friends on here to help me stay on track. Thanks, I guess I just needed to vent.

Replies

• pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You are not a failure - you've lost almost 50lbs and that is great! We all fall off the wagon for one reason or another from time to time beating yourself up over it won't help you get back on track. Try thinking about why you started losing the weight, how you felt then vs how you feel now, what has changed, what can you do differently to get motivated again??? Just kinda getting back on the wagon too - it isn't easy!!
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You haven't failed until you quit trying........I'm in the same boat as you.....except I've gained all my weight back :(.Nip it in the bud now.....you can do this!
  • queenpixie
    Options
    You can get back on that wagon! 50 lbs! HOLY CRAP! I wish I had the dedication as much as you do to get to my 30lb weight loss. I fell off the wagon for 8 months and I'm finding it really hard to get back on it.

You can do it! If you're getting bored with your meals, then take a good look online for healthy eating recipes that sound exciting! and don't forget to try new things, it will help you get back on the wagon. We're all here to help you. You're not a failure, you're strong and the fact that you can recognize that you need to reach out for help is a good one.

If there is anything I can do for you, look me up and friend me. I'll help in anyway I can.