New runners looking to do the marathon

Options
Hi ..Ive been on here a while now but Im starting again after giving up once...I really want to run a marathon one day...got up to the 15-17km run before stopping, back to the walk/jog 5km now but more determined than ever.

I would really like friends who are either just starting out running with the half or full marathon the dream point (for motivation) and friends who are expereinced long distance runners who are hapy to provide advice and support.

Replies

• Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have run 8, 1/2 Marathons. and want to train for a full Marathon.
  • Sulli1999
    Options
    You can add me. I have been doing 5k races (walk/jog) for the past 1.5 yrs. I attended the Princess half marathon expo this past February and was hooked!! However, due to other life experiences I am starting over from scratch, yet I am determined to do the Princess half marathon next February. You and your posting just inspired me!! PS...before I stopped my regular workouts I was at a 13 to 12 minute mile and my max distance was 8 miles.
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a request.

Tomorrow i'm doing a 10km, I won't be jogging it all I'll be interval walking / jogging, but I'm hoping to do my first 1/2 in September. Would love to work up to a full marathon.

Motivation from others with same goals is always appreciated..
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...and good luck tomorrow on the 10km....all people can offer advice and motivation greatly appreciated.
  • macyb7
    macyb7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I ran track in high school, the 1600 and 3200 meter which was over 20 years ago. I always loved to run but just quit doing it. I have been trying to get motivated to be able to run again (farther than the end of the driveway). I would love to offer support and vice versa.
  • Sulli1999
    Options
    I'm sending a request.

Tomorrow i'm doing a 10km, I won't be jogging it all I'll be interval walking / jogging, but I'm hoping to do my first 1/2 in September. Would love to work up to a full marathon.

Motivation from others with same goals is always appreciated..

You can Count on me, add me as a friend as I have the same goal as you. I found the Jeff Galloway training program helpful and not Intimidating.
  • peprwpr
    peprwpr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ive just started running. I have signed up for my first 5K in May. Im sure it will be more "interval" walk/jog, but Im doing it. And, I hope to keep going onward & upward from there. Add me if youd like.
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm a little over half-way done with C25K, but plan on running a half marathon in November. I love having running buddies for support!
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Marathon Dreamer Here :) Going to run a 1/2 this fall and a full next year ... trying desperatly to get some weight off by then.