help w/ pasta please ; )

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
okay....so I'm having penne sauted w/ garlic and olive oil just a dash and spinach and romano cheese...and it looks and smells amazing....

when it says 2oz...does that mean dried or cooked....

and can someone tell me again...and I'm sorry but I'm hungry and don't have time to look LOL....what 2 oz dry equals cooked?

thanks in advance!
hugs!
Ali and buon appetito tutti!

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    okay....so I'm having penne sauted w/ garlic and olive oil just a dash and spinach and romano cheese...and it looks and smells amazing....

when it says 2oz...does that mean dried or cooked....

and can someone tell me again...and I'm sorry but I'm hungry and don't have time to look LOL....what 2 oz dry equals cooked?

thanks in advance!
    hugs!
    Ali and buon appetito tutti!
  • splenda
    splenda Posts: 24
    Options
    I believe anything that is cooked before eating is measured after cooking.

Cook.
    Measure.
    Eat.

Tada! Hope this helped.
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    this confuses me also, I ended measuring out 2 oz (or whatever the serving size) and cooking it seperately so I would know how much to eat. If I remember correctly, it was about 1 cup cooked.
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    it's 2 oz - uncooked.

And yes - about 1 cup cooked! :)
  • ali106
    Options
    woo hoo and great....lmbo I had a lot of extra cals so I figured two cups of pasta but then I put it in first and was like 800 cals!? oh heck no! lol....I ended up only eating a cup cooked anyway...which was good but thanks so much I feel sooo much better now!

hugs!
    Ali
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I believe it is dry. Because it puffs up so much that two ounces cooked would be HUGE!!!!