1200 calories

Options
Anyone willing to share their meal plan for daily 1200 calorie meal plan?

Replies

• whodatlixxie
    Options
    Breakfast - 3 boiled egg whites, fresh fruit - usually berries (60- 70 calories), wheat toast (50 calorie slice), pat of butter (approx 35 calories). sometimes I have greek yogurt (110 - 120 calores) instead of the eggs and toast. sometimes I have a scrambled egg instead of boiled, just depends. I KNOW I need protein or I am not going to have an easy time of it throughout the day. I usually keep breakfast 200 calories or so.

Snack - yogurt, or boiled egg

Lunch - ham sandwich on 50 calorie wheat bread or those sandwich rounds with mustard, carrot sticks

Snack - depends - but something around 100 calories, sometimes salty, sometimes sweet - options are nuts, peanut butter, a cookie, fruit, yogurt

Dinner - salad - WATCH the DRESSING! lean meat, veggies. If I have the calories available I will have rice or potatoes. I usually aim to have at least 500 calories available at dinner. I really like to have 600, some days are better than others.

When my MD suggested 1200 calories I thought she had lost her mind. After 5 weeks and 10 pounds - it is not really that hard. Had to pay attention to portion sizes and learn to make SMART choices. I do not deprive myself of something if I really want it - just find a way to fit it in to the calories. If you exercise then you have more calories available to you. I do not always eat my exercise calories back - most of the time I do NOT (you can find lots of discussion about that on here - do what works for you), if I am hungry and have exercise cals available I will eat something else.

Hope this helps -
  • jroja021
    jroja021 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give is to watch the portions and measure them out as best you can. If one servig is 30 calories per 2 tablespoons make sure it's as close to that exact amount as possible. With cereal look at the box and again measure it out. I also spread out my calories. Sometimes I give preference to breakfast and dinner then have a light lunch and some snacking throughout the day. Once you get the hang of it you'll find 1200 is managable. If you want to add some calories all you have to do is excercise them! Running in place is a favorite of mine lol. You have to work for your food and that one you can do anywhere. Good luck!
  • jenkinsdeb
    Options
    add me im on 1200
  • jenkinsdeb
    Options
    add me im on 1200
  • loey4
    loey4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks. This sounds very manageable. I never thought I would be able to have peanut butter again! I guess I just need to plan ahead! Wishing you continued success!
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother. A 1200 calorie diet means you're either less than 5 feet tall, or you're attempting an unhealthy diet. Your body will catch up shortly.
  • mommyoftwobg
    Options
    Breakfast- 1egg and 1egg white scrambled with a slice of whole wheat toast or
    a bagel thin with a wedge of laughing cow strawberry cream cheese
    AND A CUP OF COFFEE!!!!!!!!! 2- TSP- fat free creamer and 2- splendas

Snack 1- 1-fat free yogert

Lunch- 2-slices of fat free smoked turkey on 2- slices of 50 cal wheat bread with lettuce and mustard
    fat free pringles or a mozzerella cheese stick with a pickle

Snack 2- 1/2 cup fat free cottege cheese with mango or strawberries

Dinner- fish or chicken breast with a salad sometimes a baked sweet potato or other type of FRESH veggie

Snack 3- Orange apple or both with 1/8 cup of natural almonds

Hope this helps. It took me awhile to figure out how to make the best of my calories. good Luck!