Non-Solid Foods

Options
I am getting my wisdom teeth taken out this Thurday morning:noway: . The doctor said I shouldn't eat any whole foods for 2-3 days (everyone is different with the healing process). Anyone have any suggestions for me besides the mashed potatoes and ice cream that the doctor suggested?

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    BABY FOOD!!!! and Yogurts .... I had mine pulled also and i lived on baby food and yogurt for a while...
  • Deb1971
    Deb1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try smoothies with fruit and protein powder.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Smoothies would be my top pick ... there's also malt o meal, grits, jello, apple sauce (or puree your own fruit), you can also blend frozen fruit with a splash of juice and milk for a nice sorbet ... and don't forget soup (blend veggies, meat, grains and cook in broth).
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes, soups, jello, puddings, yogurts- Good luck- Cindy :heart:
  • jessicob
    jessicob Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi! I am a Dental assitant so what I can say is stay away from rice and pasta because it can get stuck in the "open wounds". No hot/warm for the firsts two days it can cause exces bleeding!!! Dont drink anything from a straw, which I am sure they have already told you becasue you could get dry socket.

Things that are good to eat....hmmm....applesauce, yogurt, icecream, pudding, jello, smoothies with a spoon (i would stay away from using fruits with seeds like strawberries and rasberries),and V8 and OJ are good for the immune system and health to assist with healing.
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    Hi! I am a Dental assitant so what I can say is stay away from rice and pasta because it can get stuck in the "open wounds". No hot/warm for the firsts two days it can cause exces bleeding!!! Dont drink anything from a straw, which I am sure they have already told you becasue you could get dry socket.

Things that are good to eat....hmmm....applesauce, yogurt, icecream, pudding, jello, smoothies with a spoon (i would stay away from using fruits with seeds like strawberries and rasberries),and V8 and OJ are good for the immune system and health to assist with healing.

Thanks! Yea they have told me about not drinking out of a straw but not about not eating pasta or warm-hot foods. Thanks! That helps a lot :smile:
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • HOPEful27
    Options
    I am having mine taken out Friday morning!!! I am glad I am not alone. I have stocked up on V8 Splash Smoothies!
  • vjar
    vjar Posts: 17
    Options
    I broke my jaw and was wired shut for 3 months....a few days isn't so bad but you might also consider some Ensure to keep protein levels up. They taste just fine and have plenty of flavors.
  • 10dressedasa6
    Options
    what about low cal. meal replacements?