Curly vs Straight hair...help!

Options
smilingchica
smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
I have naturally curly (now wavy from so much straightening) hair and I've been told that I look thinner with my hair straight, my mom even said that I look "disorganized and messy" when I have curly hair, haha.

Help?

CURLY:

251504_10150253563421898_500786897_8199751_8034224_n.jpg

?saduie=AG9B_P8sH4h38YCUAuDesvM_qLUR&attid=0.0&disp=emb&view=att&th=136b3c6fff7520e9

169_7990700807_581695807_503156_5828_n.jpg

STRAIGHT:
?saduie=AG9B_P8sH4h38YCUAuDesvM_qLUR&attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=136b3c6fff7520e9

379664_10150976898275082_545685081_21887917_2020714145_n.jpg

394621_10151132483115082_545685081_22506713_431621557_n.jpg

Replies

• sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    I like it straight! :)
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I love it straight!
    My hairs like that too so.. I prefer mine straight :P
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    It looks gorgeous straightened!
  • wellnesscoachmegg
    wellnesscoachmegg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't think when your hair is curly you appear disorganized and or messy--the thing with curly hair is that it's just a little extra work to take care of that beautiful natural curl! Make sure you're getting your hair trimmed on a regular basis and that your hairstylist is never using a razor on your hair. Razor cutting and thinning shears will shred the cuticle and your curls turn to frizz really quick! Also, do you use a conditioner that is a moisture treatment? If so, that is a great first step--but moisture is only part of keeping curly hair (or any hair type in this case), healthy. Do a protein or keratin treatment as well. I recommend my clients get a keratin treatment every time the seasons change. 4 times a year.

Straight or curly, you have great hair! There's just a few tips to help keep your curls looking sharp and healthy :)
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think that you look gorgeous either way! I think your hair looks so sleek and shiny when you straighten it, but I also think that your hair has that exotic waviness when curly. So I think you're fine either way :) You're a gorgeous girl with a beautiful face. I don't see how you can go wrong
  • smilingchica
    Options
    You ladies are amazing!!!! Thanks!! I actually do have keratin treatment in my hair, I've had it done about 4 times in the last 3 years and I loooooove it! I need to get it done in the next few months again.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I honestly like both! You can mix it up when you want. Thats the awesome part of having naturally curly hair. :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love the curls. It's cute and different. I am biased though. I've got naturally curly hair also :smile:
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    You look great with both! But I think straight hair looks better with your face shape and bone structure. Honestly though, you can do both.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You know, I straighten my curly hair sometimes and I feel more polished and put together, but the feedback I've gotten (especially from men) is that they prefer it curly.

With that being said, you look beautiful either way.
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    Love it curly! : D
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous both ways. You do NOT look messy or disheveled or whatever with curly hair. I absolutely adore curly hair and actually attempt to curl my naturally very straight hair to do so (and it never listens).

I cannot say either way makes you look thinner, but whatever way you more enjoy wearing it, do it that way. You look fantastic in both regards.

one more vote for curly :)
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I love curly hair! Mine is only naturally wavy so with a little work I can go either way, I love having the option though. :happy: You look great with your hair either way.
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Chica! You look fabulous with your hair curly! It looks full and healthy and those spirals are very soft and romantic! Straighten sometimes you when like to, but keep those luxurious curls Sweety! :D
  • smilingchica
    Options
    You know, I straighten my curly hair sometimes and I feel more polished and put together, but the feedback I've gotten (especially from men) is that they prefer it curly.

With that being said, you look beautiful either way.

I haven't had too many opinions from guys, except my first bf-he loved it curly, he also had a thing for braids and for when i put my hair up, lol.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    This thread really could use a guy's point of view.

Curly looks great. Straight looks good too, but that should be left for an occasional change. Rock the curls, and straighten every once in a while. That's my two cents.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    This thread really could use a guy's point of view.

Curly looks great. Straight looks good too, but that should be left for an occasional change. Rock the curls, and straighten every once in a while. That's my two cents.
    I think that's the longest guy's opinion on here I've ever heard..
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Curlys are cute..straight hair is sexy, so i guess it just goes by what you feel like.
  • loly1
    loly1 Posts: 3
    Options
    i love both :) but mine are straight
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like both.. On lazy days I keep mine curly with some sea salt and then just curl the sides away from my face.. On days when I want to have straight, then I have it straight.. I love options.