your BIGGEST weakness

Options
My biggest weakness when it comes to losing weight is definantly Mexican food. I can not seem to eat that stuff in moderation i always want to pig and go crazy when i eat it!!!! What i have found lately that helps me not to eat so much is to snack on ice chips! sounds funny right? Whenever i feel like pigging out and know i would over eat, i eat ice chips because this gives you the effect of eating without all the bad stuff! (i do not substitute ice chips for food however )

What is your biggest weakness and how have you overcome it or how do you plan on overcoming it?

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I have a lot of things that I simply cannot eat in moderation, so I've stopped buying them. Period. French fries, oreo cookies, donuts, basically crap food. If it's here, my willpower weakens. So I don't buy it. Ever.
  • NewYorkIrish1975
    Options
    Peanut Butter. Either the Reese's candies or even a spoonful of it. I eat FAR TOO MUCH Peanut Butter. I love it...to a fault :-/
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    Pasta...I'm surprised it hasn't made me gain *more* weight than I did. I love it so much...I can't just have one serving, I want more...and when I want pasta, I want a slice of cheesy garlic bread...or two...

I found a healthier (theoretically), lower-calorie pasta so I can have 2 servings and a piece of cheesy garlic bread for around ~550 calories. That fits into my calorie plan a lot easier, and is way better than 800+ the way I *used* to eat pasta...sometimes twice a day!

It's not exactly "overcoming" my weakness, but rather working with it.

It's a good thing I don't live in Italy. Their pasta (and pizza, for that matter) is to DIE for. Love love love.
  • gizz1970
    gizz1970 Posts: 20
    Options
    i'm the same way with Italian food.I live in N.Y and they have the best Italian food in this country. Like they say stay in the barber shop long enough and you will get a haircut. If your not a lion tamer don't go into the lion den. I had to change from living to eat to eating to live. I was in a mall and they had a great Pizza place the smells that were coming from there was awesome. I had to use every cell in my body was calling for me. I had to think it through. The compulsion goes away.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    BBQ...Here in the south, when there is a Barbeque, there is tooooo much. Bugers, chicken, sausage, hot dogs, Pork Ribs, Pork steaks, boudin, any kind of meat you want slathered with that sweet sauce, bbq beans with bacon and brown sugar, potato salad, and french bread smothered in cheese and butter and garlic....OMG....how do you just eat a little bit? By the time you just sample a little bit of everything you have gone way overboard.
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    Not really a weakness, but I'm noticing that people are saying, "This type of food I get at a restaurant" a lot....

Perhaps instead of thinking about wanting the fattening, large portions of food, you could think of the money saved NOT eating out, and rather just eating in at home, making something simple, normal portion, healthy food for yourself?
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Bread. I could eat a whole loaf in a day if I let myself. I also have a weakness for cheese (and real butter.) I try to not purchase any of these items any more because I will keep eating til theyre gone.
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo many things but Chessecake's are at the top of my list!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    My biggest weakness is and always will be chocolate, any chocolate. So now my hubby and I have a small piece of Hersheys special dark chocolate ...freezing it so it melts very slowly in your mouth. Also CACAO powder.