7lb in 4 days!!

Options
I started my diet on Tuesday (weighing in at 18stone 4) and have been eating anywhere from 1000 = 1250 calories a day and have done little exercise. I have lost 7lb in 4 days. Surely this is too much!! I'm a little confused.

Replies

• EmCeeKayla
    EmCeeKayla Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd honestly say not to take this the wrong way, but it could be water weight.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Most of it is water and the sort :) Good luck on your journey!
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    Water weight or not, you're likely eating too few calories. 1200 is the bare minimum you should generally aim for. If you eat this way for too long, your body won't be getting enough fuel to properly work.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    sounds like water weight..i done the same thing...
  • socordia
    socordia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    for whatever reason, usually when I start, I drop quite a bit of weight in the first week or so and then it tapers off to a much more reasonable rate. I'm not sure of the mechanism. Being that 3500 calories is a lb, I certainly don't think I'm running that kind of calorie deficit. I don't know if maybe my metabolism in overdrive mode, since I was feeding enough food for 1 1/2 people. Otherwise I think it might be water weight, but I'm not showing any signs that I'm dehydrated at all. So in any case, I see the same thing that you do at the start.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i gotta say that hasnt happened to me before, but wierd stuff happens..