Is the Brazil Butt Lift Really worth it?

Options
Hey guys!
so i am thinking about purchasing the brazil butt lift dvd but i am not sure if i want to spend about 80 bucks on it
(including weights)
well
i am really skeptical about buying it because i do not want to necessarily shrink my but... i want my WHOLE BODY TO SHRINK
but i want to lift and enhance my tush. I don't want a itty bitty tush i want a fuller butt (which i think will happen because of my body shape)
so i was wondering...
if you guys had any pros and cons about the BBL DVD
i really need some persuading...
its either this or some new pumps!

HELP Steer me in the right directions or even better suggestions!
<3 thanks

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I don't own the Brazil Butt Lift program, but since you are debating spending $80, you might want to check out The Butt Bible. It's cheaper. You can buy the 3 dvd program from Amazon.com for $18.49. The program is for 6 weeks. Warning, the instructor Pauline talks throughout the workout and she says things that you might not agree with. She also uses the A word. I don't cuss and I don't think that I have heard her say the A word more than twice. I don't do the program as a program, but I do incorporate it into my workout routine. I have only did level 1 and 2 of the lower body workouts.

Collagevideo.com doesn't carry the workout anymore, but you can still view the workout here:

http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=6072

You can save the workout calendar from this thread (see page 5). You can even see the original posters results on page one.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/453809-butt-bible-results
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the whole program, but I've done a few of the workouts mixed in with my routine. I really underestimated them! I was so sore afterward, it is a full body workout. And the Bum Bum workout is cardio too!
  • lpelayomaui
    Options
    I've tried a couple of the routines and it's no joke! You will get the results you are looking for, and not just on your Butt! It's an overall good body program!
  • adriany9
    adriany9 Posts: 32
    Options
    Girls no need for dvd's etc just do a few squats a couple of times a week and I promise you you'l have buns of steel. I squat 3 times a week and honestly my butt has gotten rock hard lol
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Girls no need for dvd's etc just do a few squats a couple of times a week and I promise you you'l have buns of steel. I squat 3 times a week and honestly my butt has gotten rock hard lol

Prove it please, lol! Great stuff and thanks for the tip! I was actually going to buy it...until you!
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's nothing particularly special - Lelki's link has all the exercises you'll need.
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options

Thanks for the link - this looks good.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It does work. I underestimated it too. After the first time doing the Bum Bum tape. I could hardly walk for three days.

My arms and abs and of course my legs are all getting tone.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just tried it out for the first time yesterday and it is no joke! It WILL tone you up if you are consistent and eat healthy and stay under your calorie goals.
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options

The link gives me an error. Any suggestions?
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/dance/brazil_butt_lift
    I am thinking about buying it. but still not sure. Bought a lot of DVD's trying to figure out what works.
  • lisakammwang
    lisakammwang Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am finishing the end of week one. It is a real workout! If you follow the 60 day calendar, it is about 60 or so minutes of exercise per day (usually two routines). I do one in the am and one in the pm to work them into my busy day (work full time, two teens, and going to grad school). What keeps me pushing play everyday is that it is fun! If you like Zumba, you will have fun with this.
  • bbcoachanapolo
    Options
    I'm currently finishing up my first week doing doubles of Brazil Butt Lift and Turbo Fire and let me tell you I definitely see a difference!! I've lost 5 inches off my waist and have shed 1.5% body fat. if anybody would like to talk and keep motivated feel free to message me or else here is my fb =)http://www.facebook.com/bbcoachanapolo
  • anita0210
    Options
    I googled your same question and came across your post. I saw one response saying squats is enough. I recently worked out with a trainer who did the things described in the informercial... meaning, he did various types of exercises to target the different muscles.

My personal story is i have NO butt. So it seems strengthening the muscles there help give it a lift and shape. So with that said, it seems lile the right group of exercises can help shape any butt.

I think ill purchase the video... the trainer is too expensive.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about that video. I was going to come in here and say I wasn't impressed with any of the butts that I have seen in the infomercials, but the ad on the side of my screen right now proved me wrong.. that lady has a nice tush. I wouldn't worry about it making your butt shrink. No video or workout routine is going to make fat shrink from any part of your body. Your body will burn fat from wherever it wants, you can't really control that... I have a big butt and I do squats and I don't think my butt will ever be small or "rock hard" (which I don't want it to be)
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Having done it I can say it was not worth it to me, I really saw no difference in my butt after completion. If I had known better I would have gone directly to weighted compound movements like I'm dong now and skipped all the gimmicky BBL..

You can see in my profile picture the results of heavy lifting on my 43yr old booty
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love BBL, I have a nice lifted, toned butt from it. You also get some cardio out of it with the dancing. It's a good buy!!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Standard Squats (pref with barbell)
    Glute Bridges
    Alternating lunges
    Lying Leg raises
    Bulgarian Split Squats

Go go go
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ive done it , personally i didnt like the trainer.
    Im now using the butt bible... I love the hurt! :D its way cheaper than $80!