One place you would like to visit you've never been?

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Logroño (La Rioja) & Barcelona, Spain... Also I love to see the pyramids of Egypt, Machu Picchu of Peru & Chichen Itza of Southern Mexico.

good choice!!.. Chichen Itza its beautiful!!
  • Jodieh75
    Jodieh75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have never left Australia (been living in Cairns Qld for the last 18 years) and there are so many places all over the world I want to visit. I want to visit the US, Japan, New Zealand, Thailand, Scotland, Italy, Africa- just to name a few.
    My number one place though is South America, in particular I want to hike the Inca Trail through the Andes on my way to Machu Picchu, Peru.

Pretty much everywhere!
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Anywhere outside of Europe :tongue:

Don't think I could limit it to one though.

That being said, there are a ton of European countries I've not been to yet and even the counties I *have* been to I've only seen a small amount of :smile: Mind you, even though I live in Wales (UK) and have been to England, Scotland and Ireland (Northern Ireland and Eire) I've still only covered a small part of my home country (for such a small place, with such a high population density, we've got an awful lot of 'stuff' to see :wink: ). Other European countries I've been lucky enough to go to are Spain (mainland and Tenerife, loved the Pyramids of Guimar and got sun burnt climbing El Teide, oops!), France (lived in the French Apls one winter running a chalet, also flying visit through Paris and some time on the Mediterranean coast), Italy (but only Rome), Bulgaria (mountains only), Switzerland (Swiss Alps in summer, glorious), Germany (Bremen, Hamburg, Hannover - Bremen has beautiful architecture), Greece (but just a couple of the islands - Rhodes and Kos - there's a photo of me somewhere standing under Aristotle's Tree :happy: :happy: ).....think that's it. Would love to go to some of the Scandinavian countries, the Nederlands, Hungary, back to Greece, other parts of Italy....Maybe then I'd feel ready to explore outside of Europe. :noway:

Did have
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've been lucky enough to visit quite a few places, my top ones being either South Africa or Thailand but I'd love to do South America. Trek through the Amazon, do the Indes trail, the whole shebang. So much to see and do there, would be amazing.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Scotland. Specifically the highlands. My husband and I have traveled quite a bit, and that is one place we would both love to go to, and neither one of us has been. We keep saying that is our honeymoon trip, but we've been married 8 years now. I am so ready to go...dang life keeps getting in the way! One of the few things that I miss about being single and BC (before children)...I would just pack up and go when the mood struck. I love going new places and meeting new people!
  • IWillGetThere22
    Options
    America
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to go to Africa and take a safari tour!

Karibu Tanzania! We have: Serengeti, Manyara, Ngorongoro, Mikumi, Ruaha, Selous... just to name a few. Not to mention Kilimanjaro, which is just awesome.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    New York and Fiji
  • sophielynette
    sophielynette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My current crazy travel dream is a cruise to Antarctica. I've done all the research, it's just a matter of saving up.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was a kid I have wanted to go to Egypt. I heard it was not all that great of a place, though. Despite the horror stories I hear my 'want' to go is still strong!

I would also love to visit Croatia.

Egypt is absolutely worth visiting...the down side is that there are so many tourists that the locals are jaded and in many places just see you as a source of income. It's not helped by the fact that a lot of the tourists I saw had no respect for the locals and were loud annoying and innappropriately dressed (sorry UK people, they were mostly from there. I know that's not all of you though!).
    I suggest that you go to Egypt for the history and Jordan for the people.
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I can definitely recommend South Africa :-)

I would like to go to Asia.
  • humblebumblebee
    Options
    Idaho
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Backpacking on Isle Royale.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Europe. Yes, a slight cheat, but there you go.
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    JAPAN - to do karate at the bottom of Mount Fuji!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Greece
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Missippi, just to try this 'mud pie' everyone is raving on about! Would love to go anywhere in America though to be fair :)
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Greece, but maybe not right now.
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh my.... the list gets longer. I would love to visit Canada but then again maybe Alaska, to hard to choose.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I've never been anywhere outside the UK :(

I have always wanted to visit;

- Outer space (I HAVE to find a way)
    - The mountains (want to climb them)
    - Lava lakes
    - Hawaii
    - Galapagos islands
    - New Zealand

And just about everywhere in the world :-) all the landmarks too.