I'm craving pizza!:explode: Any low cal suggestions?! Thanks

Replies

• shansd
    shansd Posts: 48
    Options
    i do a pizza on a whole grain pita.
    low cal cheese
    lots of veggies.

or search a recipe for sweet potatoe pizza crust (it was on the show you are what you eat)
    its a little more work but it is delicious.
  • greenerme
    Options
    whole wheat... lots of fresh veggies... cheese (made with low fat milk), a bit of olive oil, and sauce... much better than anything you can get premade and YUMMY!!! :flowerforyou:
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options

wheat tortilla-spray with non stick, slap in a pan for just a min on both sides, top, and bake.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    i do a pizza on a whole grain pita.
    low cal cheese
    lots of veggies.

I do the same except I add some turkey pepperoni. I love pepperoni!
  • 2catowner
    Options
    I know Kashi has a low cal frozen pizza, but I wasn't impressed. I think if you get a thin crust and opt for veggies instead of meat, you should be ok with 2 normal size slices. I had some pizza hut pizza last week, ate one slice with veggies and one slice with meat and STOPPED EATING, and i still was pretty much within my calories for the day. I think the key is moderation, not deprivation! :flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    My favorite meal is English Muffin pizzas. I use light whole wheat English muffins, a dab of spaghetti sauce and Cabot 75% fat free cheese, and whatever veggies I have- SO good! :love:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I enjoy pizza my favorite is Lean cuisine bbq pizza and South Beach wheat harvest pizza yummm Lots of sodium content but absolutely delicious just drink plenty of water when you eat those:laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I suggested this awhile back, my wife makes an awesome home-made low-cal pizza.

She makes her own whole-wheat thin crust dough from scratch. But there is a packet out there for a whole-wheat pizza dough mix. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head. Use 98% ground turkey, browned for the meat. You can buy turkey pepproni slices. Pile it up with veggies. Use a low-fat cheese. Its amazing!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I buy the little frozen ones. They are for just one person and they are generally around 300-400 calories. I know that's alot, but I love pizza. So on days I want pizza I just have chicken and a veggie for lunch and have pizza for dinner.
  • HawkeyeGuy
    HawkeyeGuy Posts: 183
    Options
    Chicken breast w/ salsa, brown rice and steamed broccoli with spray butter. Go for a run, and pat yourself on the back for skipping the pizza, feeling better, and being one step closer to those size 2 jeans you want to fit into.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I know Kashi has a low cal frozen pizza, but I wasn't impressed. I think if you get a thin crust and opt for veggies instead of meat, you should be ok with 2 normal size slices. I had some pizza hut pizza last week, ate one slice with veggies and one slice with meat and STOPPED EATING, and i still was pretty much within my calories for the day. I think the key is moderation, not deprivation! :flowerforyou:

This is what i do too. Thin crust and portion control.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options

This is what i do too. Thin crust and portion control.

Oh, and if you want to make it yourself, Trader Joes sells whole wheat dough. I bake it on the bbq.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    These are GREAT ideas for pizza!!! I love love pizza... thanks =]
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal is English Muffin pizzas. I use light whole wheat English muffins, a dab of spaghetti sauce and Cabot 75% fat free cheese, and whatever veggies I have- SO good! :love:

Sounds good Im have to try that:tongue::tongue: :tongue:
  • jessicob
    jessicob Posts: 33
    Options
    Eat 1 peice of pizza with a large salad. Nothing takes away the pizza craving better than having the actual thing. Thats my take on it. Just work out extra that day or the day after to burn it off.
  • mommyofkailey
    Options
    thanks everyone!:tongue:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I do the whole wheat English Muffin ones - canadian bacon taste's sinful but low on cals (high on sodium though)
    If you have a Papa Murphey's Take & Bake - they have the YUMMIEST delite veggie pizza. They have a thinner crust which cuts a lot of cals and then yummy veggies..again taste's sinful but very easy to fit into your daily cals.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Good ideas all around! :flowerforyou:
    Ya gotta feed that craving once in awhile!
    A couple of small pieces with some good salad = yumm!

I also thought the Kashi pizza was blaaah & too $$.
    Tony's - Original Cheese Pizza (frozen) is cheap & good.
    Only 290 cals for 1/3 pie and 570 sodium.
    Doctor it up with fresh veggies & turkey sausage! :bigsmile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I like to buy some whole wheat flatbread, pizza sauce then my favorite toppings. Its SOOOO delish. :smile:
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options

Watchout! a whole medium pizza from telepizza and pizzahut is about 3000 callories! and i am NOT joking!
    i cant belive i used to eat a whole pizza by myself, that's 3000 callories that i didnt need!
    boy i was such a sucker