Fist day on MFP :)

Options
FIRST day, wow sorry, just woke up. Now it will not let me edit the title.
Anyways...

Hello everyone! I just started my journey into weight loss today.
Well not for the first time. I have always struggled with my weight, but I have reached a point where I just have to change my life.
I'm 22 and I need to loose about 175 pounds.
I could really use some motivation and support, so please add me!

Replies

• mum32008
    mum32008 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp :smile: good luck in your journey, sent you a friend request
  • Nessie1959
    Options
    Keep it up, hows it going with your exercise routine
    :smile:
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    'Fist' day? ...you're on the wrong website petal ;) x
  • MrsHehman1989
    Options
    Sorry, I just woke up :)
  • cwe1229a
    cwe1229a Posts: 34
    Options
    welcome! : ) feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • confusionnohime
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm also a newbie. :) Will send you a friend request and hope we can motivate or support each other. :smile:
  • ruthbottomley
    ruthbottomley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey :) i've had the app ages but never logged onto here.. so didnt know there were all these wonderful people here or resources!

Good luck with the weight loss journey!

I'm looking for friends now so will add you :) xx
  • corysangels
    Options
    I have found this site to be the most effective tool that I have ever come across.

You hold yourself accountable and this site assists with that.

All you gotta do is be honest with yourself.

You can do it. Even if it takes 175 weeks then you will be at your goal weight whilst you are still 25.

I am sure that you will do it in quicker time than that :)
  • MrsHehman1989
    Options
    Keep it up, hows it going with your exercise routine

Well I am starting out slow, I have some knee issues.
    Today I am going to walk as far as I can. I plan to walk at a brisk pace for about an hour.
    I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it is a big step for me.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined 2 days ago and have already found lots of friendly and motivational people here!

Good luck to everyone!!

Ps. Friend requests are welcome! we are all on the same journey regardless of what exercise plan or diet we are following!
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good luck this website and app are a god send i'm sure if you are consistent with it you will see amazing results
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Yes. I clicked because it said "fist day".

Yes. I'm a perv.
  • leo4js
    leo4js Posts: 22
    Options
    You can add me!! you are young....just stick to it and the pounds will come off. what exercise are you doing? walking is key right now, swiming too. or biking. im 39 over 65 lbs but i too have yoyo diet for a long time and ive had it!!! the pounds need to come off. Try to stay away from sweets, junk. and im not a nutritionist but i find that having your carbs early in the day are a plus.! All the best to you!!!!!! You can do this!!!!!
  • MrsHehman1989
    Options
    You can add me!! you are young....just stick to it and the pounds will come off. what exercise are you doing? walking is key right now, swiming too. or biking. im 39 over 65 lbs but i too have yoyo diet for a long time and ive had it!!! the pounds need to come off. Try to stay away from sweets, junk. and im not a nutritionist but i find that having your carbs early in the day are a plus.! All the best to you!!!!!! You can do this!!!!!

Thanks so much. I'm just walking for now, I'm trying to be realistic about what I can do.
    Today I walked for 40 min :)
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Two best pieces of advice I've seen on here:

1. Don't starve yourself: eat back your exercise calories and don't try to lose it all in a week.

2. Do some sort of strength training. You'll burn fat faster and change your body shape more effectively.

Good luck!