Gym routine ideas? :)

Hello everyone!! :)

This community is fab, I've had a look around and everyone is so motivational it's amazing! :) So I've been trying to lose weight now for about 8 months, and so far altogether I've lost about half a stone (only just started with MFP). Not as much as I'd like... I have a holiday to Majorca in July and I really want to get in a bikini!! I'm 20, 5' 7" and 173 pounds, and own a gym membership yet I don't know what would be the best things to do to tone up and aid my weight loss.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I don't eat unhealthily and I'm on 1200 calories a day. Just wanna get rid of this belly!

Selina x

Replies

• spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    muscleandstrength.com has very good information, and well balanced workouts. There is a women's workout section.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    New Rules of Lifting for Women, there is a group here for it, and there is a book. As I'm not a woman I don't know about it =P

Stronglifts. (they've a website)

Mmmm.... people also like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (it's a workout dvd)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    metabolic conditioning. it is combining strength training and cardio in high paced with little rest work outs.

for instance, my current favorite is 5 rounds for time of 1/4 mile run, 21 kettle bell swings, and 12 pull ups. if you can't do pull ups yet, try it with inverted rows. take a kettle bell weight that you are comfortable doing, like say, 10kgs. make sure you are doing it right, so google some videos on kettle bell swings. time yourself.

my first time doing the above routine with an 18kg weight was 31 minutes. second time with a 24kg weight was 36 minutes (boooooooo!!) third time i upped my run speed (i do the work out in the gym on a treadmill) and i made it to just under 29 minutes.
  • HopeZ27
    HopeZ27 Posts: 2
    Hi Sellierose
    I'm currently using the fat loss program from Bodybuilding.com it's great I still need to change my deit to the one they suggest but i think that will be the hardest part for me. It has really helped me make use of my gym membership.Now i know what i'm doing not just trying things randomly. Check it out I've only just started about a week ago but it feels great best of luck
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    New Rules is awesome. That's what I'm doing. Love lifting weights, love the results. Got my kid to do Stronglifts yetserday and it looks good. Or, you can look at Nerdfitness.com for lots of ideas.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    look around on bodybuilding.com

The best site in my opinion. If they ever created a calorie counter I would be gone from this dating site.
  • Hi Sellierose
    I'm currently using the fat loss program from Bodybuilding.com it's great I still need to change my deit to the one they suggest but i think that will be the hardest part for me. It has really helped me make use of my gym membership.Now i know what i'm doing not just trying things randomly. Check it out I've only just started about a week ago but it feels great best of luck

Hiya can you link this please, i can't seem to find it? thanks
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    i'd like to see your diet. Seems suspicious.
  • HopeZ27
    HopeZ27 Posts: 2
    hi i think some people wanted the link to bodybuiding site http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/ hope it works if not go to bodybuilding.com on google and click on FIND A PLAN once you find that there is a find a plan guide for males and females follow that... best of luck to everyone