Is it rude to tell someone they looked good before?

Options
2»

Replies

• taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on how you deliver the message! I know what you mean though - I have seen quite a few "after" pictures where, to me, the "before" was more attractive. Commend the weight loss and don't mention the pictures in such cases would be how I would handle it.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what they all said, as long as you aren't insulting EITHER the before OR after and genuinely think both look good, then it's not rude to say it.

Like if you tell a friend "I've ALWAYS thought you were beautiful just the way you were, but you look wonderful now and healthier too!"
    I think that's fine. Means they are naturally pretty even with a few extra pounds.
  • iowrob
    iowrob Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a friend who lost a lot of weight and to be honest it made him look ill, I didn't have the heart to say so and followed with the usual. I have worried slightly that although I will be much healthier if I get my weight off I would be gutted if it added 10 years to me.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who lost a lot of weight and to be honest it made him look ill, I didn't have the heart to say so and followed with the usual. I have worried slightly that although I will be much healthier if I get my weight off I would be gutted if it added 10 years to me.
    I think I will look gaunt at BMI 25 too - I am aiming for 30 or so and then to decide how far I want to go.
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ditto to this! besides true beauty glows from the inside out no matter what!!!!

oops my quote didn't work-- it was for the women are beautiful no matter there size :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    To say that they look good in both pics are OK but telling that they look better in the "before" pics is somewhat disappointing. I had one guy commented me on that before & honestly it made me feel a bit upset but I didn't mind it since he's a chubby chaser.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!