What's Your Daily Workout Routine

Options
okay so I workout everyday since i play lacrosse and I have practice everyday so I'm pretty good with exercise during the week (considering we run 1.5 miles as a warm up then plus all the additional non-stop running in our drills and sprints). So as I said I'm good during the week and Saturday(since I have practice then too) but so whats a good workout out routine on Sunday. I have a treadmill at home but mi just cant stay motivated to keep running on it so im more into doing Zumba and exercises on my Wii Fit. So whats your daily workout routine like? i need new ideas to get motivated!

Replies

• Tabsta
    Tabsta Posts: 28
    Options
    Hmm, it varies...but 'normally' i do Box-Fit Monday mornings (90 mins) and Spinning in the evening (60mins), Tuesday normally a short run outside or treadmill (max 4 mile) and 45 mins on gym weights, Wednesday 45 mins gym weights at lunch and Spinning at 6.30pm, Thursday i go for a long run outside in the morning early (anything from 8 mile to 18 mile) and occasionally a Spinning in the evening too, Fridays i do a shorter run in morning (3-5 miles) and a circuit class in the evening (60 mins), Saturdays i will do a cardio/weights combo of mixed stuff in Gym, treadmill, bike, rowing machine and a mixture of resistance training for about 75 mins. Sunday mornings i have my own Running Group, so i train alongside them, for about an hour doing various run type exercises such as Intervals, Hill sessions , Fartleks, endurance/strength etc., in the evening i'll get on my punchbag at home... i occasionally substitute or change things but this is a 'typical' week for me.. :smile:
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Mondays to Saturdays - a.m. - Insanity

Mondays to Saturdays - p.m. - turbofire

Sundays - REST!!!!! (but I have my fit-test today incase anyone sneaks a peep at my diary and say, "Caught yer" :laugh:
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    I'm busy with Jillian Michel's 30 Day shred. Currently on Level 3 and that's about it. 20 minutes a day plus gym 2 times a week to use the weights. Good stuff :glasses:
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    whats turbo and insanity?
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    I also have the Jillian Michels 30 day shred I have not used it that much but does it automatically change levels because mine does not show the option to change levels but it says it does
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Mon. - Zumba for 1 hr. then swim laps in pool
    Tues. - Lift weights for 1 hr then swim laps in pool
    Wed. - work on my plan to take over the world with kittens and puppies. (i.e. I do nothing. it's a day off :wink: )
    Thurs. lift weights for 1 hr. and then swim laps in the pool
    Fri - lazily jog/walk 2-4 miles outside
    Sat. jog/walk 2-4 miles with hills and stairs
    Sun. lift weights
  • ancha0702
    ancha0702 Posts: 26
    Options
    Gym 5-6 times a week. 75 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of strength and gymnastic exercises. Also, I ride a bike to school and home (about 8 km total). If I feel super active that day, I run for 5 km, too.

And I play volleyball twice a week on my P.E. class in school. :)
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    whats turbo and insanity?

Both fitness/ strength/ weight loss programs with dvd's you can follow at home
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    BodyRock routine somewhere throughout the day - preferably before lunch time :)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I run 3x per week - about 5km each time. For the alternating days I try to jump on my bike or jump rope for 15mins plus one routine from one of my FREE workout sites:

Bodyrock - http://www.bodyrock.tv/
    Blogilates - http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates
    Jenny Ford fitness - http://www.youtube.com/user/JennyFordFitness
    Zuzka Light - http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I walk or hike 4-7 miles with my dog and a gps. I head out until I get to half of my goal then turn around. I also have a bowflex I lift with, I garden, mow and do any kind of work in my yard or wash my car or truck. It's easy to exercise out here in the boonies. lol
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Pilates
    M/W/F - strength training, HIIT Cardio
    T/Th - Butt Bible, abs
    Saturday - rest
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My ideal routine would be swimming/water jogging 2-4 times a week( 45 mins-75 mins)
    Zumba, kickboxing, step or spin 1-2 times a week
    weights/circuit stuff( 20 mins)-3 times a week
    running/cycling/rollerblading( 2-3 times wk)( running 3- 7 miles, or biking 5-15 miles)
    stretching 10 mins a day
    walking the dog, etc.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    honestly I am too lazy for the super intense workouts and videos. I start off at 6am every single day for my six mile walk and then swim for an hour or so. then I get in a second walk after dinner or at least by 7pm. My hips cant handle jogging for too long but I add it in here and there enough to get me out of breath and the sweat pouring then I go back to walking. I just keep doing this until I am back home. I also get in my daily cleaning and my thirty minutes at the gym doing circuit training. The trick is to break it up throughout the day so its doesn't feel like you are working out a lot.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Monday - rest day
    Tuesday/Thursday - hour-long walk (sometimes longer if I decide to go 4 miles, but it's usually ~3)
    Wednesday/Friday/Sunday - strength training (though I'm taking this week off while switching routines)
    Saturday - cardio, if I'm not super-tired from work that day (which is also my biggest step day according to Fitbit)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You could rest or do yoga which is what I do on my "rest" day.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Walk for an hour every day.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Walk about an hour a day during the week.

Weekends I try to get in a run, bike ride or take the dog for a long walk.

Lift weights 4x per week.
  • aquariuanjourney
    aquariuanjourney Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I walk for 45 minutes everyday and try to walk on the threadmill for an hour. If I dont go to the gym. I walk for an hour.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Currently I lift 3x a week m/w/f

T/Th usually a walk/bike ride HIIT

and if I am feeling energetic I was on my lifting days...

Weekends depends might go for a walk but after I get 18k steps just doing regular mom/wife duties usually not much.