Workout Fads

Options
Does anyone do Tae Bo anymore? It almost seems as if no one speaks of it anymore. I hear and see so much about P90X/Beachbody/Intensity and Zumba, but no one talks about Tae Bo like they did ten years ago. Just because it isn't the new hot thing, isn't it still a good workout?

Replies

• claireyf12
    claireyf12 Posts: 106
    Options
    I do Tae Bo 4 times a week and love it it seems to be working for me so far!! :)
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    maybe I'm a bit slow, but what is Tae Bo? :huh:
  • kmorris123
    kmorris123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It was the "hot" workout on dvd several years ago. It combines boxing moves with tae kwon do moves (I think) and lots of cardo stuff. I really liked it before but it kicks my butt every time. I can't do the full basic workout just yet and have to take things slowly, but I'm thinking if I want to be able to do P90X this summer, I'm going to have to get up to speed on some sort of workout first.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i still do tae bo. it's fun and a great workout. plus since everyone has moved on to other things, the dvds are much cheaper.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I actually found my Tae Bo (Billy Blanks) dvd yesterday and I might attempt doing it this week!!!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Any workout that you'll actually do is a good workout. :wink: I think some of the newer ones incorporate more strength training, but you could just do that separately. 10 years from now all those P90x DVDs will be in the dollar bin, but they'll still be good workouts...it's just the nature of fads. Enjoy your Tae Bo!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do Tae Bo anymore? It almost seems as if no one speaks of it anymore. I hear and see so much about P90X/Beachbody/Intensity and Zumba, but no one talks about Tae Bo like they did ten years ago. Just because it isn't the new hot thing, isn't it still a good workout?

Tae Bo is my number one workout. I'm forever recommending it to people looking for a workout to do. Tae Bo will always be around. Billy has new workouts out.