BINGE EATING IS SOOOO GROSS...

Options
...so WHY DO I DO IT?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Replies

• lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    For me if I have had a cheat for the day then I go crazy eating stuff like sugar, candy ice cream. I think when we slip up we tell ourselves,"well I blew today, will be back on track tomorrow." That then is permission we give ourselves to eat everything in sight because the day is out the window.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I think that it has to do with an emotional attachment to food.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    For me if I have had a cheat for the day then I go crazy eating stuff like sugar, candy ice cream. I think when we slip up we tell ourselves,"well I blew today, will be back on track tomorrow." That then is permission we give ourselves to eat everything in sight because the day is out the window.
    i do this to !!
  • stefanieprice07
    stefanieprice07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did this yesterday too, I just kept eating. It's that feeling of one initial setback so you just keep eating figuring at that point it won't matter. I think it's all a mindgame though. I know I'm stil having a hard time with the mental aspects of this.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you could be restricting yourself TOO much all the other days. enjoy a bit of ice cream, a slice of pizza, or a soda, or a candy bar every once in a while.

hell, i think i indulge my sweet/carb tooth once a day.
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think that it has to do with an emotional attachment to food.
    ^agreed, becides binge eatign disorder is about as much of a choice as any other eating disorder, doesn't matter if it's "SO GROSSS" it's something that people can be very much addicted to.
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I do this too then spend all day feeling guilty :( its not good!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how you are defining binge. I have days when I'm really hungry and eat more, and I have days where my calorie allocation feels like too much. If this is the case, and most of the stuff you are eating is clean and healthy, I figure it balances out. The idea of a true binge (like bulemic binge or those horrific eating contests) truly makes me nauseous. I can't even contemplate that. But, if you are just hungry all day. Try to start with healthy stuff, but give in if you really want a few treats. So, if you've already eaten a couple of bananas to satisfy your hunger, and you still want (almost feel like you must have/need) something junky, just eat it and go on. I figure cavemen occasionally came across some wonderful treat and gorged on it for a while before they went back to hunting antelope and picking berries.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Or we can come to grips with why we let food have such an emotional control over us and change those habits so that it no longer has that hold on us... Then you can go out like a did yesterday enjoy that 12 inch Pizza with Pep and Bacon . Then run down to the Dairy Queen for a chocolate peanut buster parfait and Then turn around this morning with no regrets and break out a couple chicken breast to have on the grill for supper when I try out my new grill wok I bought to grill my bell peppers, mushrooms, and sweet onions... It is all how we perceive food and how it fits into our lifestyles..... Best of Luck.......
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    When life sucks, food can be soothing and make you feel better while you're eating it. The effect wears off as soon as you take your last bite, so you keep eating to try to keep that feeling going. When you're feeling emotionally or psychologically empty, you feel compelled to try to fill that hole with something.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I've been there and still go there so many times...HATE it. Whenever you find yourself doing it, try to find out why. For me, it's emotions or boredom. :/
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you struggle with this. Have you ever tried keeping a journal to track your triggers?
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    you could be restricting yourself TOO much all the other days. enjoy a bit of ice cream, a slice of pizza, or a soda, or a candy bar every once in a while.

hell, i think i indulge my sweet/carb tooth once a day.

Same here!
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have been fighting myself with this for a long time. When I'm bored I tend to eat junk food. I've been trying to grab water when I feel this way. If I have to eat something, I try to grab fruit, nuts, or yogurt. I see now that junk food is nothing but empty calories. I like losing the weight and feeling like I can do and wear anything. I truly like choosing the right foods and holding back. You will get there one day. You can do it! :D
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

This is me all over I don't eat for emotional reasons but once I make a few bad choices in the day come that evening it's what the hell and I eat and eat and eat I hate it but can't seem to stop myself. As long as my day is good and can stay strong??
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i am a shocking binge eater. its got to the point its becoming a problem. I have no idea why i do it, but i do.