Comfortable Plus size Gym Clothes?

Options
Soon I will Be Going to a Gym and i was wondering what do you wear? or where can i get Comfortable Plus size Gym Clothes?
know i am not Going to the Gym to impress i just wanna be able to wear Comfortable clothes and the correct fit for working out specialty that i am short i don't want my pants to get caught in the treadmill or something like that.
In Shirts and Pants i am XL.

Replies

• loislane22
    Options
    Old Navy has capri type workout pants that are comfortable and very stretchy. You can also try walmart.
  • slparsaca
    slparsaca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just wear regular sweats and a t-shirt. Works for me. :)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Soon I will Be Going to a Gym and i was wondering what do you wear? or where can i get Comfortable Plus size Gym Clothes?
    know i am not Going to the Gym to impress i just wanna be able to wear Comfortable clothes and the correct fit for working out specialty that i am short i don't want my pants to get caught in the treadmill or something like that.
    Sweats and a T-shirt always work/worked for me (although I do shorts now because of the weather and also depending on the type of class).

After I lost a boatload of weight I had far more options and I was WAY bigger than XL (before the weight loss), so you should be able to find some cute gear at some decent prices considering the season. :bigsmile: Or if you're fine wearing T's and Sweats go for it, worked for me, all you do is sweat in them and they're easy to maintain and toss in the washer.

Have fun on your search, check out the cute Yoga pants at some of the Discount stores and some matching T's, makes you feel good about yourself when you add some color. But please don't ever feel you have to dress up to go to the gym... nah, wear something comfy and you can always reward yourself with new gear as you get into the size you're looking to be your goal.:wink::flowerforyou:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Danskin brand at Walmart through the states are cheap, comfy and well made! There is a pretty big selection too. I like them because they are pretty stretchy and retain their shape. I can go down a size so they will fit for longer. I hate spending money on "in between" sizes. I'm in Canada, but about 45 minutes from the border... So stop in to grab some whenever I'm state side.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It really depends where you are!! I'm guessing its the USA from what you have said so my sugestion would be the internet! In the UK we have some fab sites that sell larger comfy clothes for working out in! Whatever you do do not forget to get yourself a really good sports bra!!!
  • FromFat2Fab
    FromFat2Fab Posts: 101
    Options
    Thank you Girl So Much I am gonna check on Walmart.com and old-Navy.com
  • FromFat2Fab
    Options
    Sweats and a T-shirt always work/worked for me (although I do shorts now because of the weather and also depending on the type of class).

After I lost a boatload of weight I had far more options and I was WAY bigger than XL (before the weight loss), so you should be able to find some cute gear at some decent prices considering the season. :bigsmile: Or if you're fine wearing T's and Sweats go for it, worked for me, all you do is sweat in them and they're easy to maintain and toss in the washer.

Have fun on your search, check out the cute Yoga pants at some of the Discount stores and some matching T's, makes you feel good about yourself when you add some color. But please don't ever feel you have to dress up to go to the gym... nah, wear something comfy and you can always reward yourself with new gear as you get into the size you're looking to be your goal.:wink::flowerforyou:

i didn't look at it in your point of view and now thinking about it is true i rather wear something i will love cause i will feel more comfortable to go then to feel out of place
  • FromFat2Fab
    Options
    Do The Foldover waist pants are good for some reason i will they will fall down while working out?
  • stormy_eyez742
    stormy_eyez742 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you have any secondhand stores in your area and you're not opposed to using them, I would suggest there. Personally, I won't pay full retail for something I will not be able to wear for long due to weight loss (it all about mindset, right?..lol). Not to mention the wear and tear from being washed a lot. I just bought 3 pair of capri's and leggings for like 10 bucks at Goodwill.

Otherwise, I would recommend places like Walmart or Target. You can sign up for mobile coupons with Target. They often send out coupons for clothing. Good luck!
  • charmander89
    charmander89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I got some great workout clothes for cheap at Marshalls :)
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My favorites are capris because I am also short and most sweat pants are too long. I also try to make sure all my capris and pants have draw strings to tighten them as I lose weight. I don't like tight clothes when working out, so most of my things are lightweight and loose fitting.
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Target had a bunch of C9 by Champion stuff for 50% off! I got some new shirts, and pants (capris and yoga style) for about $12 a pair. They had a great selection and I love their products.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Target is where I got my stuff