I just ate...still hungry!!!

Options
Hey fellow MFP'ers! Sometimes even when I have had a full and healthy meal- I find myself still hungry very soon after.

Right now for example- I had veggie laden scrambled eggs with avocado, hash browns, fruit and fresh vegetable juice. I also have had 2 glasses of H20 since then and I am very hungry. I have practically had a breakfast feast! What is this about!!! Also, it is the rest day of my workout so I didn't work out this am to contribute.

Does this happen to you? What do you do?

Replies

• Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Happened to me yesterday on my off day (still ended up binging lol). I think it's more of a mental thing, for me anyway. Get active and do something to get your mind off of food.
    Since I didn't work out I was bored, and when I'm bored I eat.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too! I used to end every meal with a piece of chocolate or other bad sweets and now when I finish eating a healthy filling meal I feel like something's still missing..i still eat dark chocolate once in a while but less than before..
    When I'm still hungry after a meal I have a handful of cornflakes and if the feeling doesn't go away I drink tea :)
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Your calorie deficit day by day might be a bit too intense.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It happens to me all the time! I eat way too fast...

Give your stomach time to decide if it's still hungry. Takes around 20 minutes! If you're still hungry in half an hour, eat more! And fill up with water in the mean time! It's what I do!
  • fitnessfashionista17
    fitnessfashionista17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    that's strange because whenever I have eggs, I always feel really full for the rest of the day, but I only eat egg whites or I get sick.
    I would say eat something that is really low calorie but filling.
    I really like cucumbers and salsa, even if you ate the whole cucumber and 5 tbsps of salsa, thats only 70 calories, but you'll probably be full after half of it.
    Also how old are you, because you might be growing still, I was surprised that I grew a half inch last year and I'm 18.
    If you are really hungry maybe you should listen to your body and give it nourishment. If you eat over your calorie count for one day its not the end of the world as long as your eating healthy foods. It will actually boost your metabolism, just don't make it a habit.
    Another thought is if you just started losing weight your stomach could be stretched out. Every time you feel hungry, that is the feeling of your stomach shrinking. So if you decide to not eat extra today, eventually your stomach will shrink and you wont feel as hungry all the time.
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I often drink peppermint tea after a meal. It curbs my craving to eat more.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thought I would try to helpout by looking at your diary but it does not appear that you track anything so hard to tell!

You might want to track the calories and make sure you are getting enough protien in the meal as well.

When this was happening to me...it was because I was not eatting enough......if you are working out a lot your body need far more fuel...

wish I could be more help!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all of your ideas!

I do not log my food as it seems that when I do I sometimes become preoccupied with it; I end up thinking about what to eat and when and blah blah blah...it works much better for me to just listen to my body.

That being said, I am a bordem eater! So, if I have had a meal that seems like it should be enough I try to keep myself busy and drink some water or tea and move on. Generally I am not hungry right away. I do exercise quite a bit so I am cognizant of that when planning meals and eating. I do not impose a calorie restriction overall, I try to make healthy decisions and eat healthy items when I feel like I need to. Since I am within a healthy weight range and do exercise I don't think it is best for me to not eat when I feel like I should. It just doesn't seem like I should need more fuel right now...hopefully the tea will help:)

Thanks again, the thoughts helped me to think through what may be happening (like that the cases I am reading right now are really boring:)