PICS - the incredible vanishing belly act

Options
When I'm out and about especially when at work, this is how I flex my abs the whole day

Bigbelly005.jpg

but when I'm at home, this is my belly

Bigbelly001.jpg

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Methinks you're teasing us. Well done for the loss! (Bet you don't hear that much on a funeral forum.)
  • ab4pw
    ab4pw Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • abigailm83
    abigailm83 Posts: 110
    Options
    Methinks you're teasing us. Well done for the loss! (Bet you don't hear that much on a funeral forum.)

Agreed!! :)
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Awesome!!

I don't think it's awesome at all as all the fat is still on top of my six-pack :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Methinks you're teasing us. Well done for the loss!

Now I'm seriously confused. Why do I have to flex my abs to see my 6-pack or is that how it's supposed to be????
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Jealous of your six-pack
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Jealous of your six-pack

I despair. Are y'all telling me that all the peeps who walk around with a 6-pack actually have a fat belly and are flexing the whole day??????? :noway:
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Have you been to doctor? Your stomach looks distended to me. (obviously just a guess since it's hard to tell in a pic) That can be a symptom of lots of different things... Irritable bowel, celiac disease, food intolerances, food allergies, lots of other stuff. I think it would be worth making a doctor's appt to see if there is a medical reason behind it.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Have you been to doctor? Your stomach looks distended to me. (obviously just a guess since it's hard to tell in a pic) That can be a symptom of lots of different things... Irritable bowel, celiac disease, food intolerances, food allergies, lots of other stuff. I think it would be worth making a doctor's appt to see if there is a medical reason behind it.

Thank you. I've been to the doc last week and she didn't think there was anything wrong. I've however been sent for blood tests to rule out diabetes. The result should be back this week.
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    One other thought... have you had any pregnancies? It reminds me of my diastasis from my twins. It's a split in the abdominal walls and inside stuff pushes through. Although I can't flex my muscles like that b/c of the split, so maybe not?

Also I had a friend who had some type of hernia after her 3rd pregnancy and it made her look 6 mos pregnant. She had to have surgery. Again both things that a doc appt would figure out. :)
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    One other thought... have you had any pregnancies? It reminds me of my diastasis from my twins. It's a split in the abdominal walls and inside stuff pushes through. Although I can't flex my muscles like that b/c of the split, so maybe not?

Also I had a friend who had some type of hernia after her 3rd pregnancy and it made her look 6 mos pregnant. She had to have surgery. Again both things that a doc appt would figure out. :)

5 children. Youngest is 3. Doctor checked my belly out thoroughly and really couldn't find anything.
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    Maybe go for a 2nd opinion? It seems odd to me that you would be as muscular as you are and your belly would push out so far. I only have life experience to go on though, no type of medical training. :)
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Maybe go for a 2nd opinion? It seems odd to me that you would be as muscular as you are and your belly would push out so far. I only have life experience to go on though, no type of medical training. :)

Thank you. I'll wait for blood test and if that comes back normal, I'll go for a second opinion. Thanks again.
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    I hope you figure it out! :flowerforyou: I can't imagine how frustrated you must be!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I hope you figure it out! :flowerforyou: I can't imagine how frustrated you must be!

Extremely frustrated. Thanks for being so understanding. It's hard to keep it flexed all day. Once I release it, I get asked if I'm pregnant :explode:
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Thanks for all the emails folk. I appreciate them all. Started 30 day shred this morning. While not as intense as Insanity (Level 1 wasn't anyway), I'm hoping the crunches will help :laugh:
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow, when i suck in all my belly fat i definately cannot see the kind of defination that you have. i wouldnt think the fat would suck up behind your muscles
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    wow, when i suck in all my belly fat i definately cannot see the kind of defination that you have. i wouldnt think the fat would suck up behind your muscles

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just wish it would bloody stay behind my muscles :laugh:
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Extremely frustrated. Thanks for being so understanding. It's hard to keep it flexed all day. Once I release it, I get asked if I'm pregnant :explode:

Interestingly enough, I have the exact same issue. If I let my stomach out I look pregnant and it is really round. I have IBS which sometimes makes it worse. Like right now :(
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I have IBS which sometimes makes it worse. Like right now :(

What's the symptoms of IBS? What someone generally know somehow that they've got it?