Goal Reached WOOOT WOOOT

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
Hi Everyone.

I am a 5'10" male. I started my diet on Dec 15, 2011 at 250 pounds.

I joined MFP in mid January 2012 at 245 pounds. I set my goal at 200 pounds. Today, I reached my goal weight. But I am not done. I changed my goals to 180 pounds.

Here is how I acheived my goals. They may not be for everyone, but they worked for me.

First off, I was fat and didn't want to be fat any longer. I started by going to the gym everyday and trying to eat better. In mid January, my son gave me the name of this site and I joined. I realized something very quickly after I joined. Losing weight is basically SIMPLE MATH.

I punched in my height, weight and age and activity level(I actually cheated myself). The site told me how many calories I burn n a normal day and how many calories I could eat to lose 2 pounds per week. I quickly became like a mad scientist. Weighing and portioning out all of my food. Thankfully, wifey was on board and she quickly came around and starting eating the same way.

I had Very good weeks, decent weeks and not-so-good weeks. I only weigh myself on Sunday mornings. And every week I was happy to lose 2 pounds. If I see a larger weight lose, I am excited. I think I only had one week in which I didn't lose at least two pounds. That week I lost one pound and was PISSED. Got right back on track and have been ging strong.

I am eating the same foods I always ate. My diary is open for all to see. I refuse to totally cut any food out of my diet. I still eat ice cream(real ice cream) 4-5 nights a week. I didn't pay attention to Micros or macros or any other crap other than CALORIES. I quickly learned where alot of my calories were coming from and slowly started reducing, avoiding, or using alternatives to what I considered WASTED/USELESS CALORIES. Simply by default, I started eating healthier. Less and less olive oil(I don't care that olive oil is good for you, it has a ton of calories) and dressings. Switched from regular potatoes to sweet potatoes. White rice became brown rice. You get the picture.

I never ate back my work out calories and was under my calorie goals for the day, 95 percent of the time. I have, not once, felt any hunger while dieting. I plan my meals so I can optimize my night time snacking. I love snacking at night.

Also, I have a cheat night at least once, every single week. My bride and I go out to eat every Friday or Saturday night. Sometimes both nights. I am not talking about fast food(mcdonalds, applebees or crap like that). I am talking about restaurants, Italian, steakhouses, chinese, whatever. Not being with my scale, I would TRY to make healthy choices and would eye ball what I was eating and make sure to log it when I got home.

I am here to tell ALL of you, that you can accomplish this as well. I am/was a PROFFESIONAL EATER. I don't eat fast food or garbage. My wife and I can cook, and I mean COOK GOOD food. Real, fattening, tasty food.

Ok, now I am gonna get on my soap box and preach for a minute.
ANYONE that has any excuses as to why they can't lose weight, simply is making excuses.

I have a torn ACL and miniscuss. I can't run at all. That doesn't stop me from walking on the tread mill. I started slow and now I do an hour at 15 incline and any where from 3.6 - 4 on the speed.

I don't have time to diet or go to the gym. I work 60 hours a week. My bride works full time as well. WE MAKE TIME. We go to the gym together always. Even if it is 8-9 o'clock at night.

We have 3 teenagers that don't like what we eat. We have 3 options for that. One, we basically eat the same foods, so there is no difference. 2 They enjoy certain foods that we don't, so, for example, they love fried chicken cutlets. We will fry theirs and grill ours. 3 If they don't like what we are eating for dinner, the next meal is breakfast.

If your spouse, mother, father, who ever, won't cook what you NEED to be eating, cook for yourself.

Dieting is expensive. FALSE. We are spending less money on food every week. Simple math. Eat less, spend less.

This is the last thing I will preach about. WE ARE FAT AND OVERWEIGHT. When we eat ourselves to death, our significant other will take our insurance money, hire a trainer of the opposite sex. Lose weight. Have an affair with the trainer and probably spend the rest of the insurance money on plastic surgery(implants or something like that)

And no, I am too lazy to post pics.
Before
DSC01263.jpg

Today
IMAG0194.jpg

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    WTG OP!!!

Stop being lazy though, post those piccies, we want piccies, we want piccies!!!!

:D
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Hotsummerrose
    Options
    That was really awesome!! And motivating!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Wonder what the effects would be on childhood obesity if more parents took your stand: We have good food, eat it. Small allowances sometimes. If you don't like it the next meal's breakfast! WTG. And congrats to you AND your bride on healthier lifestyle.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your goal reached! Thank you for a great, common-sense post. Yes, it comes down to simple math, portion control and better food choices, not crazy diets and completely cutting out foods you enjoy. It's also down to eliminating bad habits. Mine is wine, and while I don't eliminate it completely, I have cut back on my intake and frequency. I've always loved working out, so that part is easy for me.

Again, congratulations on reaching your goal! I enjoyed reading your post.
  • Be_Butterflies
    Options
    I needed to read this post today. Thank you for sharing, and congratulations!!!!! Awesome job!!!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I am gonna take a pic now and post comparison pics. This should take about 7 hours to accomplish. LOL
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I am gonna take a pic now and post comparison pics. This should take about 7 hours to accomplish. LOL

LOL I'll be waiting.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well done and thanks. I laughed about your teenagers - I have one too and we have the same rules. :)
  • Crystalball78
    Options
    wtg! Congratulations on your weightloss
  • Sabina7
    Sabina7 Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to gowith the kids as well, That is the wayI was raised.:happy:
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I tried posting pics. maybe smeone can help me with them.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I tried posting pics. maybe smeone can help me with them.

Go back and change all IMG to img
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I did that and i says the pic was removed. Hmmmm.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I did that and i says the pic was removed. Hmmmm.

Hmmm, well some tech guru will be by in a moment to help...don't sweat it. And big congrats on your accomplishments!! :happy:
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Maybe someone smarter than me(it doesn't take much, LOL) can fix it for me.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Tried to do the pics for ya. Didn't work for me either.
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    congratulations!!! Awesome!!
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    im curious about my BMR, it seems so high. Ive always been told to consume around 1200 cals, but my BMR is around 1800...I am worried about consuming more calories. It seems crazy to eat so many more calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!