~30 lbs down for this 5'5" 23 y.o.

Options
ryvenna
ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
I'm kind of an emotional eater-- and during my first year of med school, all the stress translated into plenty of eating. I also stopped exercising and got terribly out of shape... I remember having to climb three flights of stairs to arrive at small group meetings and feeling completely winded. I waited until school was over and then started hot yoga classes, which made me feel more in tune with my body.

By the end of the summer, I began to cook more of my own meals and I cut down on restaurant excursions (I try to limit outings to 1-2 x / wk). I discovered myfitnesspal towards the end of October and since then, I've lost about 30 lbs in ~6 months! I'm currently eating about 2000 cals a day, and I do 3 cardio and 2-3 weight sessions per week.

I've loved looking at others' success pics, and I'm really excited to now share my progress!

Here's a BEFORE picture, from spring fling last year (taken around mid-March)
7080315485_48c68dbbc2_z.jpg

Here are some pictures from TODAY; I saw my spring fling gown hanging in my closet and I got really curious to see what it would look like now :]
7080314313_004a8c04f5_z.jpg
7080314807_5b91cd6ea1_z.jpg
6934240198_0e44c03f24_z.jpg
7080314603_c70f4f76c1_z.jpg

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    O.O

You look awesome! Nice job.
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic in both pics. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • DangerDiv
    DangerDiv Posts: 62
    Options
    omg, amaze! I am in law school and have gained about 15-20 lbs. (was 110ish and now closer to 130ish here in my last semester). I'm adding the crap out of you, 'cos it makes me feel good that we all gain weight in these really grueling grad programs where you have no life but to cry and study and pray you don't fail out every day. Hooray for emotional eating getting us to where we are, I guess, but stupid emotional eating also made my body unhappyyyyyy.

<3
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    nice work...now where is that snake???
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I thought your before was an after! but your after looks even better! great job!
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    seeing the before/after pics is really something! you've come a long way :)
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Great job! You've done awesome!
  • rew1469
    rew1469 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats wtg!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    u look fabuloss, keep up the gr8 work:flowerforyou:
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I love the dress, too. Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done. As a fellow emotional eater you are a great inspiration! x
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, everyone!
    nice work...now where is that snake???

the dance last year took place at a maritime-themed science center/museum, and they randomly had snakes that people could handle... it was pretty cool :] i heard that the year before, they had baby sharks for people to pet, so my adventure probably gave rise to a lesser adrenaline rush.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!