• MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Loved your story. Amazing job!
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    One of the best "no b.s." commentaries I've read on this site to date. Most excellent!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    im curious about my BMR, it seems so high. Ive always been told to consume around 1200 cals, but my BMR is around 1800...I am worried about consuming more calories. It seems crazy to eat so many more calories.

You shouldn't eat (or net) under your BMR. If you are eating under it, chances are at some point you will either stall, seriously slow your weight loss, have no energy, be hungry all the time...or any combination of those.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    im curious about my BMR, it seems so high. Ive always been told to consume around 1200 cals, but my BMR is around 1800...I am worried about consuming more calories. It seems crazy to eat so many more calories.

I am not even sure what BMR is. I just log on everyday and the site tells me how many caloeires I can eat. I change my GOALS every week after I weigh myself. Then it gives me a new calorie amount.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Congratulations!
    One of the best "no b.s." commentaries I've read on this site to date. Most excellent!

Thanks. I enjoy reading the success stories. I don't like excuses. I have heard, seen and used alot of them.
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Its very worrysome to increase my caloric intake by so much. I have started to increase my calories a little at a time and, of course, I am trying to make sure that those calories come frome healthy eating and not junk. Does this help iliminate the "plateau"?
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Its very worrysome to increase my caloric intake by so much. I have started to increase my calories a little at a time and, of course, I am trying to make sure that those calories come frome healthy eating and not junk. Does this help iliminate the "plateau"?

I don't know about plateaus. I log EVRYTHING I eat. TRUTHFULLY. If anything, I cheat myself out of calories.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    And no, I am too lazy to post pics.
    Before
    DSC01263.jpg

Today
    IMAG0194.jpg

Congratulations! And yes, please post your photos here. Tried several ways to view your pics in photobucket with no success.
  • julekinz
    Options
    It sets your calorie goal for you? I didnt know that. I set my own.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    It sets your calorie goal for you? I didnt know that. I set my own.

Go to home page and click GOALS. Then ask it for GUIDED. It walks you through it.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    And no, I am too lazy to post pics.
    Before
    DSC01263.jpg

Today
    IMAG0194.jpg

Congratulations! And yes, please post your photos here. Tried several ways to view your pics in photobucket with no success.

I am trying to post them here. Can I email them to someone so they can post them?
  • julekinz
    Options
    Okay, I have let the system recommend my goals and Im going to relax now and just be good. Thanks everyone. :blushing:
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Okay, I have let the system recommend my goals and Im going to relax now and just be good. Thanks everyone. :blushing:

Anytime. Now, can you help me with my pics?
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I posted pics in my profile. Maybe someone can grab them from there and repost them in here.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Success. I got the pics up. WOOOOHOOOOO
  • julekinz
    Options
    I wish I could, sorry. Im pretty useless about that kind of thing.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hear hear!

That's what I found out when I started using this site, you don't HAVE to give up the goodies, just eat less of them , get some exercise in and make sure you count every calorie....... it's working for me, just take a look at my ticker!

I honestly think if I'd had to stick to salad and veg for the rest of my life I would not have got as far as I've come, and I certainly make better choices now..... OK, some will mock and say I shouldn't have got as big as I did in the first place..... but I did.... and now I'm doing something about it, as everyone else on this site is!

Keep up the good work!
  • jennetsullivan
    jennetsullivan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nicely done sir! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!