Huge NSV for me!!!

sehrler
sehrler Posts: 89 Member
HUGE NSV for me today...got back in my size 10 Levis! I haven't been able to get them past my knees for over 2 years. I had originally lost over 90 lbs and was about 25 from my ultimate goal, but then was in "happy, complacent, lazy baking/cooking relationship mode" and gained back 35.5 lbs. It always made me feel so crappy seeing them abandoned in the drawer after I worked so hard to get into them the first time so I buried them under other clothes but refused to get rid of them because I really wanted to get back into them. Well, my wedding looming ahead in August (along with dress fittings coming in July) helped kick me back into gear, and I made a 100 day personal challenge to eat as healthily as possible and work out in some way every day--basically just do a little better every day. I'm on day 28. So far I've lost 22 lbs (6 were before the challenge so 16 since starting) and at least 10" overall.

So today I got the guts to try the 10s on, and I'm so happy to say they are back in circulation and this time the only reason I won't fit them will be because I'm in single digits!!!

Replies

• mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    This is amazing! Keep up the good work and stay focused on your goal and you can do this!
  • sehrler
    Thank you! At 44, it's a little harder than when I was 25 so I'm really happy :)
  • laj3918
    laj3918 Posts: 28
    Completely understand "at 44..." YAY for you! This NSV is WAY better than the actual SV. LOL
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    I know what you mean..today I put on a size 8 dress from Ann Taylor that is at least 10 years old..I wore it to Church and felt wonderful..rock your skinny jeans and have a great day! Congratulations!
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Awesome job! I understand how important the jeans fit test is! I keep a few different pair of 'goal' jeans in my closet. Each pair are rolled up, with a large rubber band around them. Written in Sharpie, they say "try on in -15lbs", "try on in -20 lbs", and "WooHoo, you did it!"
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    I love it! Well done!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 753 Member
    Congrats on your success! You have been doing an AWESOME job!
  • YAY for NSV!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    AWESOME!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • weightwatchergrl
    weightwatchergrl Posts: 5 Member
    That's awesome!!
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    congratulations
  • NanciDes
    NanciDes Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome!!!!
  • sehrler
    Thanks everyone!
    Awesome job! I understand how important the jeans fit test is! I keep a few different pair of 'goal' jeans in my closet. Each pair are rolled up, with a large rubber band around them. Written in Sharpie, they say "try on in -15lbs", "try on in -20 lbs", and "WooHoo, you did it!"

What a great idea! That's why I say "Levis" because you know how varied the different designers' sizes are...so when I measure it that way I try to stick w/one brand to avoid vanity sizing hollow victories. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!