Scale is not moving!

Options
Scale is not moving, and I am staying within my calories and exercising what am I doing wrong? Does anyone have any hints for me?

Replies

• tubbs_nomore
    Options
    Hello....you need to allow us to see your food diary, so we can tell you what if any changes you need to do.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You might need to provide a bit more information. :smile:

How long has it not been moving? How many calories are you eating? Are you eating your exercise calories back? Are you definitely logging food and exercise correctly? Are you using the MFP estimates for calorie burn on exercise? Are you tracking sodium? Have you JUST started exercising? Lots of questions, but it will help people to know what to suggest.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself?
    do you feel healthier?
  • skinnydemko
    skinnydemko Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your doing nothing wrong everyone of us have the same issue, your body needs to adjust every time you loss a few pounds. Just keep on doing, I do switch things up , like I eat dinner for breakfast, breakfast for dinner, I increase calorie by 100 for a few days, then less for a week. Trying to trick my body into letting go of those extra pounds. It's a lifestyle not a race!

Good luck and positive thoughts!
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have to ask this every time now ever since I found out how many people do this. Do you weigh everything to the gram? Or do you measure things via cups and tablespoons?
  • hodag11
    hodag11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will just keep doing what I am doing I have only been back on tracking for one week now.
  • dekonkol
    dekonkol Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    there is a nice article in the NY Times, "Weighing the Evidence on Exercise", that may answer alot of your questions:happy:
  • ChelleDT
    ChelleDT Posts: 23
    Options
    Stick with it!!... the pound loss will come!!. Have faith in yourself.

Just remind yourself that your body is getting "ready " for the change. You are slowy gaining needed muscle strength that is needed to burn more calories while at rest!..

You WILL lose the weight when you keep it up. Give yourself a date... say "I will change methods if I haven't lost anything by May 10th".. etc (something like that). Say it every day. Then on May 10th come back here & compare what you weigh then to what you weigh now.

If it hasn't gone down, then I would agree that maybe you need a slight change of regiment.
  • hodag11
    Options
    I put my diary so people could look at it now. Thanks
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is your diary done for today? If so you are not getting enough calories, your body is in starvation mode...just my 2 cents..
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    You don't want to be significantly under in terms of calories. You want to meet your calorie goal.
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think you need to read posts by helloitsdan.

He's going to tell you to calculate you BMR and never ever eat less than that. It's counterintuitive, eat more and lose more, but I seriously think your body thinks it's starving.

Also, you need to eat back your exercise calories, so that your NET calorie intake is never less than your BMR.

Check out fat2fit.com or google BMR calculations. Do some research into starvation mode.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are way undereating - you are eating less than 1,000 calories a day, do NOT keep on doing what you are doing. See above post re Helloitsdan's posts.
  • gbg49229
    gbg49229 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have had the same thing happen, I added 3 pounds doing p90x... I had people say, to much protein, not enough protein, to many calories, not enough calories. to many carbs, eat more veggies, go atkins...hcg...ect ect. This is my advice, do something yu can stick with and can enjoy, stay active and adventully it will fall in place after you tweak a few things to your personal situation. Good luck and enjoy the ride... But remember what worked for one person might not work for you, put there pointers may guide you to what you need. good luck
  • hodag11
    Options
    yes, it was done for today. I should be eating more then?
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I agree, at a minimum you should be eating 1200 calorie probably. You have to feed your body enough or it will try to conserve the fat it has already.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You must eat more, you are way under.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Eat more. You are eating way below 1200 calories! Be sure sure to eat back your exercise calories as well. Your body needs fuel for those workouts. I'm about your age and we look to be about the size.... I was also eating at or below 1200 and I stalled big time. I raised my calories to 1350, eat back the exercise calories and the pounds and inches are coming off.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I would up your protein. My Dr. recommends women at 20 grams 4 times a day (each meal plus a snack). Protein helps build muscles and that burns calories and keeps you feeling full longer.

Also, I didn't see what you have lost already but plateaus come and go. Just stick it out and it will eventually pass and you will start losing again.