55+

Options
jheffe
jheffe Posts: 34 Member
I am 58 years young..I just came across this app few days ago and decided to sign up..I am so glad I did!..I love it so far and feel this is just what I needed to reach my goal....I know it will take me awhile longer than most of you due to my age but I refuse to give up...I need to lose approx 40-45 lbs..I did lose 40 lbs back in my late 40's so I know it can be done!..I would love to hear from people around my age..please "friend" me and we can cheer each other on and motivate each other!..looking forward to my new journey and to hearing from you all...Good luck to you all!!

Replies

• MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey!

We are close in age & I'm trying to loose 80 lbs. Just started this week. Looking to find some friends for support & motivation!! I'll send you a friend request. If anyone else needs the same feel free to send me a request!!

Cynde
  • lucky2too
    lucky2too Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    I'm 55+ and and on my way to losing 80 lbs. I love to give and get motivation and support. I'll be happy to add you and anyone else who would like a fitness pal who ready to do this!
    Lucky
  • Arlene43
    Arlene43 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi............................I am 68 and started dieting once again on New Years day. I do this every year, although this time I have kept up with my committment. I love this website and I think it really helps me keep track of my food and exercising. I have been diagnosed with COPD, so it is important for me to lose weight and get in shape. Right now I seem to have reached a plateau and it is frustrating. It has been 2 weeks since I have lost anything, but I am determined to stick with what I have been doing and hope that the scale goes down soon. Hope you all have a great journey ahead of you. We will all feel so much better. Good Luck to you all.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 56; feel free to add me.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and love it here. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • glennleo
    glennleo Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello 54 here, Started a week ago and enjoying the site. You can add me. I can use all the friends I can get. Good luck to both of us.
  • peteach2
    peteach2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Have just joined and am in the same age bracket. Love this site and it seems to be keeping me motivated. Am just off out the door to walk the dog and I love the fact that I can come back and fill out my exercise and see the results of my walking straight away. Have just finished reading the book 'Run fat ***** run" and it has also motivated me. Loved it.
  • elaine5181
    elaine5181 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have just joined and checking out this ap. So far looks great. Love to be a part of this support group! Please add me as well. Good luck to everyone!
  • vomma2
    vomma2 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 53 and just joined a little over a week ago. I need as many friends as I can to help me get back on track. Feel free to add me too!
  • noscale
    noscale Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi i will be 52 on friday, i just joined this programed yesterday and so far i like it. i want to get back in shape and i want to feel energetic again. i'm so thankful to a neighbor of mine who told me about this program. if there is anybody else out there that would like to befriend me you are more than welcome.
  • juicyjoyce1029
    Options
    Hi..I'm new...and would like to be ur friend.. can you help me out???
  • sparrow2sv
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sue and just joined and need the motivation to do the daily log. Like to join
  • kim3657
    kim3657 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am Kim. Same boat as you. 55 young and overweight. Started this app today. i need to loose 40-50 pounds any encouragement is helpful.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a few months and am happy to say that this really does work! If you search the groups, you'll find more members who are in the 50+ age bracket and are sure to find more MFP friends who will help and encourage you.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    You could have written my life story. Something clicked in me at 60 and I said "I am ready to do this."

I have had some good success since mid-January. My login streak is around 75 so I am here for you every day.

And I will actually look at your progress daily - including your food diary. If you aren't willing to share your diary don't add me. But I won't nag you or be mean if I call you out on something. I think my experiences so far can help you get started and see some success.

I encourage you to read my profile and see how we are the same... I like that you filled out all your profile (many don't for whatever reason). That in itself is a commitment and a great start.

Are you up for the challenge? Then add me!

Jim

15800624.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been here on MFP for five weeks now. Having friends as a support system makes this a lot better than trying to do it yourself. There is a brand new group for those of us in this age bracket. Come on and join in. Click on the 'groups' tab at the top of the page and search for Baby Boomers: Buff & Blooming!. this group is only two days old and already has 25 members.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 60 and have experienced some success, in large part due to the support of the people on MFP. I'd be glad to add you. It IS harder for us to lose than the younger people here, but we can still do it and feel good about it. We're never too old to look our best!
  • marypatrica1
    Options
    Hi anyone is welcome to add me.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hi I refuse to believe it is harder for us to lose than those youngsters I am into my 4th year I am working to reach my final goal by next January my 65th birthday so lets not think of this as harder but as more worthwhile after all if we dont do this we are looking at health problems sooner than later
    If anyone wants to chat or discuss how it is great to be 60 plus message me
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I am also in a group Seniors Losing Weight, but feel free to add me if I am not too old for you.( Any of you).