Not burning enough calories?

Options
I was just curious as to how many calories you all typically burn in one day from exercise?
I feel really lazy only burning 328 calories so far today, but idk if that's really as little and lazy as I'm making it out to be? So far I've only consumed like 260 calories for lunch, and I don't eat back the calories I burn, but yeah.

Replies

• kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Anything > 0 is far from lazy. Get numbers out of your mind - in all areas of fitness. Your weight doesn't matter. Your inches doesn't matter. Your size doesn't matter. Nothing matters but the effort you exert.

You're done when you've collapsed, not before.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Anything > 0 is far from lazy. Get numbers out of your mind - in all areas of fitness. Your weight doesn't matter. Your inches doesn't matter. Your size doesn't matter. Nothing matters but the effort you exert.

^
  • kayhatlen
    kayhatlen Posts: 46
    Options
    Quote: Anything > 0 is far from lazy. Get numbers out of your mind - in all areas of fitness. Your weight doesn't matter. Your inches doesn't matter. Your size doesn't matter. Nothing matters but the effort you exert.

I so agree with this! Thanks kneeki :smile:
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I figure if I burn at least 150, I'm doing good. I've reached a point where I can't eat as much anyway so if I did a lot, I wouldn't eat it all back anway
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Well phrased....:-}
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    That's not bad at all! X
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Work out til you are compromising your form or health (ie cant breathe or dizzy). Someone in the 35 BMI range should not be exercising like your in the 20s BMI range. Listen to your body and stop when you need to. You can'T enjoy your weight loss if youre DEAD.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest using the BMI calculation for anything. Mainly because it doesn't take into account - well - anything of use. According to BMI - I'm listed as "unhealthy overweight". Using a BMR is a bit different as it takes into account body fat and exercise levels (like MFP does). I personally use the Katch-McArdle formula. http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

I agree you should be aware of what your body is telling you (like if you're about to feint), but also beware: Your body wants to exert the least amount of effort possible to achieve the goal. So, in other words: Your body lies. ;) You'll only be able to achieve your goals by breaking past that pain barrier that holds so many others back.