Mommy Non-Scale Victory (and Failure) all-in-one :D

So Sundays are the day when I take a nap with my kids (3 and 4 years old)...I look forward to it all week. Oftentimes, they like to use me for a pillow, which is awesome since "kid pillow" is in my official job description. Anyway, my 4-yr old daughter was trying to get comfy on my upper abs today. She tossed and turned for several minutes, and then said, "Ugh, mommy you're all bumpy and hard!" Now even though it was a little sad, I'm kinda thinking "YESSSSSS!!!!" I've been working my butt off to get "bumpy and hard!"

....but then she moves her sweet little head down to my lower stomach and falls right asleep!! :sad: and :laugh:

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Very sweet! Maybe next time you'll have to stuff a pillow or something up there so she's comfy!
  • That's an awesome NSV. Amend great family time. I miss those days.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    That's an awesome NSV. Amend great family time. I miss those days.

It really is the best time!! Kinda puts everything in perspective. :heart:
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    So Sundays are the day when I take a nap with my kids (3 and 4 years old)...I look forward to it all week. Oftentimes, they like to use me for a pillow, which is awesome since "kid pillow" is in my official job description. Anyway, my 4-yr old daughter was trying to get comfy on my upper abs today. She tossed and turned for several minutes, and then said, "Ugh, mommy you're all bumpy and hard!" Now even though it was a little sad, I'm kinda thinking "YESSSSSS!!!!" I've been working my butt off to get "bumpy and hard!"

....but then she moves her sweet little head down to my lower stomach and falls right asleep!! :sad: and :laugh:

That is so sweet. :)
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Lol! I love this NSV! My mom was all bones. When I was little, she would do that side hug thing and her hipbone would jab me in the side of the head. Something to be said for a bit of mommy fluffiness.
    But only a bit, right?

That said, I still loved (and love!) hugging my mom, bones and all! :smile:
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 248 Member
    This is a great NSV, but I can see why it's sad too.
    Well done on your rock hard upper abs :tongue:
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    That's awesome!!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    My youngest used to say in his sweetest voice "mommy, you're so nice and squishy" and lay his head on my stomach. He truly meant it as a compliment :smooched:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    I do the same thing on Sunday with mine, my kids r 6 and 3 (yep, 6 yr old naps- she is definently mine).

Yay for you get hard and uncomfortable! Congrats!
  • thistimeismytime
    My youngest used to say in his sweetest voice "mommy, you're so nice and squishy" and lay his head on my stomach. He truly meant it as a compliment :smooched:

Isn't it awesome how they love us unconditionally!! Kids do not see us as fat, skinny, tall, short...they just see us for who we really are. :flowerforyou:
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Thats so sweet and sad lol.
  • sarafer1
    sarafer1 Posts: 27 Member
    I love all of this (the NSV and the nap-time)!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Beautiful....remember these times...always :heart: :heart:

They grow SOOOOOO fast!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Thank you so much for being the one to finally define NSV for me!!!

What a great win with the kiddo!

My kid yelled over to me as I was picking her up from school. "I didn't think that was you Mommy, you're so thin!"
  • That is so very sweet!!! Bumpy & hard...lol!!
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    That is really sweet & great NSV. My little girl (7) gave me an applause today when I finished my 30ds lvl 2 dvd then passed me my water, kids are totally sweet, I think it was because she did it with me yesterday and was telling dad at tea how hard she thought it was ;)
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    That is awesome, my little one who is 6 lovingly told me I was softer than daddy. She meant it as a compliment, and "sigh" its true.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Aww...that's sweet. Cameron rubbed my tummy when Hunter was 6 months old (he's 9.5 months now) and asked me if there was a baby sister in there. That was the kick in the *kitten* I needed. I love how he says what he's thinking, but sometimes what they think is a compliment can really get to us. It's really sweet that you nap with the kiddos. I miss those naps now that Cameron is 6 and in Kindergarten. I still get them sometimes with Hunter, if I have time to lay down that is.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Goodness... I dont even have kids and this thread made me all smiles and mushiness. Thanks for sharing this sweet and funny story!
  • thistimeismytime
    Goodness... I dont even have kids and this thread made me all smiles and mushiness. Thanks for sharing this sweet and funny story!

:flowerforyou: