I overate yesterday...

Options
Yesterday, I overate by about 300 calories. I normally eat my exercise calories back...should I skip that just for today in order to balance things out? Just wanted to see what others do in the same situation.

Replies

• fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    yesterday was yesterday ... today is today ... start fresh
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Easter was the first day I overate since really starting to watch my calorie intake and I did cut back for then two days, but I also gained almost a pound and a half over Easter!! Not sure the one binge day was worth it, but gotta do the family social thing sometimes. I may try to be more active when the next holiday rolls around. I'm not really sure yet. It's a tough question.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options

This. One day wont make a difference.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's not alot to worry about, just go back to your usual routine and you'll find that 300 cals becomes irrelevant.
  • samanthanic0le
    samanthanic0le Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Easter was the first day I overate since really starting to watch my calorie intake and I did cut back for then two days, but I also gained almost a pound and a half over Easter!! Not sure the one binge day was worth it, but gotta do the family social thing sometimes. I may try to be more active when the next holiday rolls around. I'm not really sure yet. It's a tough question.

You probably only gained water weight from sodium. Unless you ate *massive* quantities of food. :P
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

^^ this
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yep what they say, just start over again with more determination and you will be fine :wink:
  • Bocciulo
    Bocciulo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 1 day is not going to make a big deal and 300 cals in the grand scheme of things is not a lot. Start fresh today and try not to worry about yesterday.
  • brenjm48
    brenjm48 Posts: 18
    Options
    I've done exactly the same thing today. I only had an extra 2 ginger biscuits and a very small piece of cake and whoosh - 318 cals in the red! You and I will sort ourselves out tomorrow - good luck x
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options

^^ this

Agree. We all have been there. Don't look back - just move forward. :D
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    One day wont make a difference. Just keep doing what you normally do.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I believe it is okay to treat yourself once in awhile. The holidays are my weekness for over eating, but afterwards I get back on the fitness journey. Go ahead and treat yourself and just get right back on the fitness path the next day. Journey on...
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I tend to look at the overall week rather than day to day. It takes some pressure off. If youre not making a habit of overdoing it, don't worry about this one day.
  • fitby38
    Options
    I believe it is okay to treat yourself once in awhile. The holidays are my weekness for over eating, but afterwards I get back on the fitness journey. Go ahead and treat yourself and just get right back on the fitness path the next day. Journey on...

well said ... its ok to treat yourself to the foods you enjoy ... just in moderation ... as with any food
  • fitby38
    Options

^^ this

Agree. We all have been there. Don't look back - just move forward. :D

^^^ sometimes we fall down ... but we have to get back up :o)
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Hi,

I wouldn't worry about it, 300 calories is a small amount. Also as mentioned above view your calorie intake over a week, not strictly day by day. Use the summary function in MFP to show total calories over the week.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    300 is nothing! Don't sweat it. You'll be fine.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said,don't worry so much about it,it's good to have a little over every once and awhile,I find that if I give myself a treat day every week it keeps me more focused and determined the rest of the week knowing that I have that treat day coming up.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it... I over ate yesterday by (guessing since I don't log my spike day) oh maybe 2500-3000 calories... No regrets...... and today was back to my normal routine.....
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If not eating your exercise calories today won't be a struggle, then go ahead and do that. If you find that you're hungry, eat them and don't worry about it.