Good to be here ladies

Options
New to this! Just moved to a new area and had tailbone surgery two months ago, depo shot made me gain weight, need to be motivated to lose and to make my health situation better. Hope this helps and I stay on track. Am a mom of one three year old girlie and now live in Fort Campbell area

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    welcome!!
  • leehatch
    Options
    :laugh: just back on the wagon myself....welcome and good luck to us all
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome! lots of fresh faces and lots of great people to support you on your journey to SUCCESS!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Hope your feeling better soon:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • cavwife82
    Options
    I'm at Fort Campbell too and just joined:) How are you?
  • nkenny12345
    Options
    my husband and i just joined. Hopefully we stick to it.:: :
  • leticia1172
    Options
    I agree with everyone this is a great website and everyone is very supportive!!!:wink:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ladies? Ladies! Hey hey,,, there are a few guys here too! :wink:

You've come to the right place. This is a great tool that will work wonders. Just take a look at the before and after thread - and remember that the folks with huge successes are just like you, they just started a little earlier. You can do it too, and you will.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Exercise is a self-feeding phenomenon. If you push yourself to do just a little today (it's supposed to be hard,,, it's exercise ) then you'll feel better about it and it'll be easier to do it again tomorrow. Then in a week you'll be able to do more, and it'll start to get fun. In a year you might be running 10k's,,, it's up to you.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about a year now and we've done well. Lost 104 pounds between us, and in much better shape.

You can do this. Will you? :smile: