Hard time eatting breakfast in the morning.....

Options
I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day... but I'm one of those people who is perfectly fine with just coffee in the morning. I have to force myself to eat something, snack bar, cereal, oatmeal, grits, but afterwards I get that sicking feeling. I will gladly take any suggestions as to what do you eat in the morning?!

Replies

• chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have given up on breakfast. I am never hungry until mid morning and thought why force myself to eat something when I am not hungry and that means I can have a bigger afternoon snack.
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I don't like eating heavy in the morning (nor do I have the time) so I've been buying those trail-mix-fiber-one-nut-and-raising-low-calorie bars and eating that on the way to work. I do find when I eat those I'm super hungry a couple of hours later. Sometimes I drink a shake. It's quick, easy, and put something in my stomach.
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    Try to figure out if it's food in general or if there's certain things that suck more than others. I used to be in the same boat until I found out it was sugary stuff that I couldn't eat. My breakfasts almost all look like they belong on a lunch menu but in ways that's almost better since I have a lot of late lunches. Remember... don't forget the fat because that's what helps you hold out until the next meal.

I'm guilty of a lot of spaghettios, ramen, etc in the morning. I realize how nutritionally void ramen is but 400 calories for a good 5-6 hours of not needing to eat sounds pretty good to me on a weekday.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    If you aren't snacking and binging later in the day, skipping breakfast is just fine.
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I found that it took time to get used to eating breakfast. I was never hungry in the mornings but gradually over time it became easier for me to eat breakfast and now I have to have it!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    have a yogurt or something light! on days i dont really feel like eating breakfast, i have a protein shake. it keeps me full, but i don't feel like i ate too much.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day... but I'm one of those people who is perfectly fine with just coffee in the morning. I have to force myself to eat something, snack bar, cereal, oatmeal, grits, but afterwards I get that sicking feeling. I will gladly take any suggestions as to what do you eat in the morning?!

Coffee is a food group, and in my opinion, makes a perfect breakfast. Little cream and sugar in mine, please, dark roast.
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    Just eat and get used to it /thread
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I usually eat greek yogurt (Chobani is the best, IMO) with sliced almonds. If I need more fuel for a long hike or bike ride, I eat a PB&J sandwich or a bowl of steel-cut oats with (thawed) frozen berries and either peanut butter or chocolate chips stirred in.

But I don't like to eat early on work days (I'm usually at work by 6:30 or 7:00. On those days, I usually wait until 8 or 8:30 to eat.

Then I still eat lunch at a regular time.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I eat Egg Beaters and some canadian bacon or bacon in the morn. It took me alot of commitment to begin getting up and fixing my breakfast. It's become habit now.
  • kayler00
    kayler00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, either. I just drink coffee. I'm not hungry.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I was the same way... I never ate breakfast, up until maybe a week ago... By the time I was done with my workout, showered and got ready for the day it'd be 11... but I decided I needed to get breakfast in to help with my calorie count...

I have been making yummy stuff I really like the night before to eat in the AM like whole wheat blueberry muffins, skinny chocolate scones, wheat pancakes... just grab and eat. Protein shakes are good too. It's been workin for me so far!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    i didn't eat breakfast in the morning for years and now i do because my dietician told me it will help with my energy & focus in the morning, i don't know if it has actually made a difference
    the only thing i find useful is that it helps me spread out my calories throughout the day so i don't have so many left at the end of the day

try drinking a fruit smoothie
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Just eat and get used to it /thread

Why? If it doesn't appeal to the OP, why do it? If it works for them... do it. I'm all about doing what works best for YOU. I didn't used to eat breakfast, but I found when I started - I felt better during the day. I know quite a few people who prefer to not eat in the morning and they do just fine too.

There's nothing set in stone that says you HAVE to do it.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    This is the hardest meal for me to eat!! Now I am working on it, piece by piece. I start off with just a granola bar sometime in the first 2 hours after waking up or toast or a bowl of cereal. It helps that I go to the gym right after I wake up (wake up, let dogs out, feed dogs, feed myself, wash up, put on gym clothing, go to gym.) though. But I eat very light. After the gym I'm starving and I'll eat a whole 'meal'.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Having a protein shake is one great way to get healtly calories in and some protein. Having a high protein intake requires energry to burn so this will certainly boost your metabolism to burn fat. Plus, it keeps you full.

You can go to the grocery store or GNC store to get your protein mix. Just be sure that it is 100% Whey. One of my favorites is LisaLynn mix you can go to lisalynnfitness.com or you can buy a buy brand at the store called Eat Good, Feel Great Pure Protien mix and is much cheaper but the quality is good.

The Lisa Lynn shake mix is pretty spendy but it is good. She is a great fitness trainer and has been on Dr. Oz. Her website has some great tips.

If you like coffee, then see my receipe below for yummy but low-cal Cafe Mocha Protein Shake.

Cafe Mocha Protein Shake Recipe:
    1. Chocolate Protein mix ( follow serving direction from label)
    2. Add 4 ounces of cold coffee (you can add more coffee depending to your liking - I usually put in 6 ounces from coffee brewed. Make sure coffee cools down a little bit. First thing once my morning coffee is brewed is pour some coffee in a cup and let it cool down while I get ready in the morning and drinking my additional, hot coffee.
    3. Add 3 to 4 ounces of water ( you can add less to make the coffee taste stronger, I usually put in 2 ounces of water)
    4. Never let water or coffee exceed a total of 8 ounces.
    5. Blend for 30 to 40 seconds
    6. Now Add 3 to 5 ice cubes
    7. Add 1/2 cup of Natural Almond Vanilla milk (optional)
    7. Blend Again for about 30 to 40 seconds

Note: You can omit adding water if plan to add almond milk,
    147 calories, 25 grams of protein, 4 grams fat - Calories depend on the brand you buy.

Hope this helps!
  • charitycanada
    Options
    I gotta tell you, I don't eat breakfast either. I have just decided to ignore it for now. Doctors and nutritionists might change their mind about it in another 10 years anyway. Why listen to them if no breakfast is working for you right now?
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Time is my enemy in the morning so I go with a protein shake of 1 c cold coffee, 1 c soy slender (sugar free) and 1 scoop EAS Whey protein powder. Shake it in a jar with a lid and go. I use an old Classico marinara jar because it has the measurement lines on it. I do not use premade/packaged shakes, no reason for it, they are too expensive and loaded with crap. I get some coffee and protein and all is right with the world. I get more coffee at the office when I have more time. If you eat a morning snack, probably no harm in not having the breakfast IMO.
  • fordguy74
    fordguy74 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You can throw some fruit in a blender with some french vanilla creamer and ice,and drink your breakfast! Sometimes i add some spinach to my smoothie as well.
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    [/quote]

Why? If it doesn't appeal to the OP, why do it? If it works for them... do it. I'm all about doing what works best for YOU. I didn't used to eat breakfast, but I found when I started - I felt better during the day. I know quite a few people who prefer to not eat in the morning and they do just fine too.

There's nothing set in stone that says you HAVE to do it.
    [/quote]

notsureifsrs