Good fitness/health magazines?

Options
I would like to find some magazines that are good for health and fitness but also include a good deal of recipe and workout ideas. I want to try and broaden my families meals each week but obviously want to stay healthy.

So I figured a magazine would be good.

Replies

• Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    None? C'mon people help me out!!
  • Rashyda
    Rashyda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi... i like shape and fitness. it has good exercise tips, sometime great routines and recipes.
    i am not a regular subscriber but my husband gets me almost every second month.
    i hope it helps.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    I like Prevention - lots of good recipes and exercises.
  • jdub1011
    jdub1011 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Men's Health. I guess in your case, maybe Women's Health. I read it primarily for the workout ideas and recipes.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    On Fitness is written for Trainers and Clean Eating is loaded with great recipes.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Women's Health and fitness magazine.com are my favs for workouts and recipes
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I love my "Oxygen" magazine! It's the best one I have found so far.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i love my mens health, so maybe give womens health a try. it seems more geared towards really fit people tho, but i have taken some ideas from there and tried a few recipes that were all pretty good. i like that i can get a tip here and there on almost any topic i want. it is also pretty motivating. maybe womens health for you, and mens health for the hubby...
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Mens & Womens Health! mag's & books.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I wil have to check these out! Thx
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I like Women's Health, and Runner's World is decent too (maybe peek at it in the library if you're not a runner - it's focused on running but has lots of health and cross-training tips as well).

I can't recommend Cooking Light, as much as I wish I could. The recipes call for crazy ingredients you can't always find, and about eleventy-zillion steps long. I remember making a salsa from there once and after two hours (no joke) of scalding and peeling tomatillos and mixing in about $12 worth of exotic ingredients, I realized I could have just chopped up some tomato, onion, and cilantro, called it pico de gallo and liked it just as well.