Losing weight and fat but legs still maintain untoned appear

Options
Basically said it all in the title. Although I am losing weight and fat (noticeable), my thighs still have a sort of untoned and almost flabby look to them. I eat right 80% of the time and do circuit training, so basically i am doing all the right things.
Does anyone else have this dilemma and can anyone offer any help?

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.
  • dids1989
    dids1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem would also like to hear some suggestions
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Yep lift weights. As well as weighted squats, leg press etc.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My take is that weight is not lost evenly, and there are differences between men and women.

I am pretty sure that for men, the last part to reduce in fat is the belly. At least that is my case.
    For women, I am guessing the hips and thighs.

I see that you still want to lose 11 lbs more.
    Keep with the program; once you reach your goal, you should see your thighs without the extra fat :bigsmile:
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Is circuit training all you're doing? My thighs have significantly slimmed down by doing cardio on the elliptical.
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The elliptical, squats, and leg press seem to working for me.
  • ecilaaa
    ecilaaa Posts: 16
    Options
    Lifting weights doesn't work for me. I did that for about 3 months and I just started to look really big. I know people saying that if you are a girl lifting weights doesn't make you 'bulky' but in my case it does for my legs which is annoying. And yes circuit training is all I do because everything else I have ever done (stairmaster, elliptical, running, weights) has not proved nearly half as effective as what I am doing now.
    Hence the annoyance about my legs!
    Thank you for the suggestions though everyone, I appreciate them :)

P.S. My thighs are already pretty muscular hence no need to continue lifting weights
  • BodyFreak
    BodyFreak Posts: 68
    Options
    Your body will take fat from the largest fat storage in your body when you do your cardio.

Diet + cardio = results

Just keep doing what your doing and your legs will be toned fit ready for the summer :)
    Weights aren't Necessary but they help burn off more Cals.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights doesn't work for me. I did that for about 3 months and I just started to look really big. I know people saying that if you are a girl lifting weights doesn't make you 'bulky' but in my case it does for my legs which is annoying. And yes circuit training is all I do because everything else I have ever done (stairmaster, elliptical, running, weights) has not proved nearly half as effective as what I am doing now.
    Hence the annoyance about my legs!
    Thank you for the suggestions though everyone, I appreciate them :)

P.S. My thighs are already pretty muscular hence no need to continue lifting weights

As someone else who carries most of my weight in my thighs, I've just accepted that I will never have little legs, even at a healthy weight. It sounds like you should maybe focus on burning fat via cardio now, good luck!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    lift heavy weights
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If you are working out on the treadmill, increase the incline. Steps, inclines, squats, etc.
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've always had HUGE thighs, but over the last 13 weeks I've lost 4 inches on my thighs doing 2 things

1)weights with squats and lunges(including kettle bell workouts)
    2) cardio days, running, elliptical trainer and walking.

You can have smaller legs but you need the muscle in them and the fat burning cardio to really get the measurements going down.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Well, my suggestion was going to be for you to lift weights, but others have already said that, and then I see you say it doesn't work for you. Squats with weights have done wonders for me. Is that you in your profile pic? If so, your legs look darned toned to me!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

If your thighs seem muscular enough to you, but still look flabby, then you would just need to reduce your overall body fat percentage, and gradually your thighs would look less flabby. Just continue with a calorie deficit through diet and, if you want, cardio. If you're genetically predisposed to store fat on your thighs then you may find it comes off there last.
  • 2Bskinny4good_Stacie
    Options
    I'm working to resolve the same concern (thighs not as toned as I would like...and the only spot where I would still like to lose some weight). I have added extra exercise focusing my additional workout on intervals of running on the treadmill at a decent pace (for me a 10 minute mile) alternating with high incline treadmill work (36% grade incline at a speed of 1.6 on my machine) for a couple minutes and repeating a few times, or doing an extra kickboxing routine/step routine that include lots of lunges and squats (Kelly Coffee-Meyer has a great combo "step boxing" video that works well for me..along with others) --i have heard that step work is good for leg toning. I do some workouts with weights too...but I haven't experienced the increased bulk you feel you have... I've been doing the above for about 2 weeks (and eating back all the calories I exercise as I am at goal weight--just wanting to tone up now) and I do think they are starting to look more toned. Hope it works for you if you try it!
  • annabanana1786
    annabanana1786 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ughhh I have the exact same problem...I absolutely hate my thighs.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I had the SAME PROBLEM after I lost my weight. You have to lift HEAVY weights, squats, lunges, & deadifts, Are you a member of a gym?
  • ecilaaa
    Options
    Wow, I am so overwhelmed by the amount of responses to this post, thank you all so very much. I am grateful and appreciative for each and every response!
  • ecilaaa
    Options
    Yes that is me in the photo, thank you for the compliment! And I have to say I really do like how they look from the side, it's just the front that bothers me -___-
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    How are you doing with your training to tone up a bit more?