What time of day do you work out?

Options
Do you do it in the morning, afternoon or evening?

And does anybody have any tips for excercising in the morning? I generally only do it in the evening even if my morning's free, because I shower in the evening before I go to bed, and excercising in the morningtime would mean having an odour coming off me all day.

Replies

• skimbro000
    Options
    I exercise at 5 am every morning. I know if I don't do it then, I'll never do it. I teach HS and am worn out at the end of the day. So for me morning is best.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I belong to a gym and take classes and make sure that it is in my daily schedule and 9/10 will stick to it. If something comes up and I know about it the night before, I look at the schedule of the other gyms and see where I can squeeze it in one way or another. If I can't, then I will go running in the morning before everyone gets up.
  • OrientalGem
    OrientalGem Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I work out whenever I have an hour or 2 to spare. Sometimes its in the morning, sometimes the afternoon...but lately its been at about 10pm coz I'm fasting all day. Generally, I prefer working out in the morning. I take a shower right after & there's no lingering odor for the rest of the day.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I workout around around 9am every morning! I like mornings so i can get it out of the way and be done with it:happy:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'm a morning exerciser too. i find that my job is way too exhausting for me to have the energy to do it in the evenings.

i wake up at 5, drink some carnation instant breakfast or a yogurt smoothie, and hit the gym for about 30 mins of running and stretching. then i come home, shower, eat again, and off to work! hi ho, hi ho! :flowerforyou:

GOOD LUCK!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning too. If I don't, I find a million excuses of working late, cooking dinner, eating, bath time for the kiddo....I get up at 4:30. Eat something, do yoga, and either run or do a video. Come home take a shower, grab the lunch I packed the night before, get up the kiddo, get her dressed, get both of us a snack for the car and off we go.

I generally pack a bigger breakfast to eat at work at my desk while I check emails and do my morning routine.
  • blamb
    blamb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I work out at 3:45 in the morning it's the only time I have. By the time I get home at night I don't have time to breath before I have to go to bed. I love to relax and spend time with my four pets, right now they are my life. My kids have all grown and left home, they live near me which is GOOD. But they have they're own lives so I spend a lot of time alone. But I have my 2 cats and 2 dogs and they keep me company. All four greet me at the door when I walk in. It's so cute.
  • DivaRea
    DivaRea Posts: 1
    Options
    I work out in the evenign around 5pm after i get off work. That's the on;ly time I really have to do it...
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evenings because my Aunt was having trouble having enough time in the morning. We are trying to keep each other motivated by going together at night.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I try and get up at 5-5:30 and workout. Give yourself 15 minutes to wake up a bit. Drink some water too.
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I work out at 4:00 Am every morning for 30-40 minutes and then again when I get off of work from 4:00 PM to 4:30. Keeps me super energized and have lost weight pretty quickly. I'm trying to cut out one of the workouts so I don't lose too much more, but feel really guilty if I miss one even tho I know it's ok.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I used to do it in the evening, but then I'd have trouble falling asleep. I started jogging at 5am and I really like that. It gives me great energy to start the day. Of course I shower in the morning too. :wink:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I prefer to exercise in the morning to get me jumpstarted for the day without excuses later on. I have been getting up at 4:30am to do a 30 minute video on weekdays. I walk about 4 days after work for 30 minutes with coworkers, and I'm trying to get in something else at night (at least 2 jogs on weeknights plus one on Saturday morning). I've been sick since I restarted working (maternity leave), so it hasn't really worked out as planned, but that's my goal.

As long as you're working out sometime and can stick with it, that's all that matters.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My main work out is at the gym in the morning. I walk at lunch from work when possible and I am happier when I do something in the evening, walking, swimming etc.

Right now I am on a kick to get my vacation poundage off again so I have kicked the exercise up a notch. I only have a half pound to go but the extra exercise is feeling good right now.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, Let's see I schedule myself to workout Tues morning after my night shift job, Wed after my fulltime dayjob, Thurs after my night shift, Friday afer my fulltime dayjob. If I make it to all, great, if I just can't, that's fine too. If I have time on the weekend and I go that's even better. I make sure to eat at least half my excercise calories sometimes all if I'm still hungry. :smile: