Bored with current work out!

Options
2»

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking you're progress?

If you aren't then where is the motivation to beat PR's?

Do you're compound lifts and don't set a maximum weight to lift. Just go for PR's.

Find some cardio that you like to do rather than boring elliptical stuff :)
  • LisaRose54
    LisaRose54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba. I love it and really look forward to my classes. Besides you burn lots of calories in the one hour class. Does your gym offer Zumba classes or the YMCA? Try it. Bet you'll like it.:smile:
  • rachaellynn91
    Options
    I honestly had a terrible time with one class and it turned me off to them. I tried a beginners boot camp style workout and ended up 15 minutes in going down to the locker room and basically passing out. I'm worried that I will be this well terrible in all classes.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Look up bodyrock workouts and Zwow on youtube. They are tough and cardio with strength training combined. Modifications for most things so you can work up to your level without passing out. The great thing is you get the hang of them and make things harder and you can just make up your own workout with a timer and the possibilities are endless. I do three a week and also do walking and jogging. I would not be able to do the elliptical or machines. Mine is all done from home and outside. You can just take your routine for the day to the gym and do it there so you are still accountable at the gym if that's what you need.
  • Ninikins2
    Ninikins2 Posts: 73
    Options
    I am doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women. I am enjoying it so much! Before this I had bounced around from different exercise routines without completing anything but this is one I can tell I am going to stick with. I can already see the difference in my body and I look forward to going to the gym! Anyways, highly recommend. If you have any more questions about it, you can message me. There are also lots of ladies doing it who are really helpful as well! Good luck finding something you enjoy!
  • bobbyandthekid
    Options
    They have a wonderful machine called a Stairclimber Step Mill. Try that at a good pace for 30 minutes. Killer workout!