Anyone know what would cause a tight hip?

Options
So nearly 8 weeks ago I was doing Zumba and ended up with a stress fracture in my left foot. A couple days later, I started to notice I was having a lot of pain in my hip and knee on the left side as well. I had to take some time off hard exercise, so I was doing some floor yoga and pilates, and I realized I can't bend my knee or hip to the side while sitting cross legged anymore it causes extreme pain and it physically won't bend. I have always been very flexible so this is really strange. It's been 8 weeks and still isn't healed.
I know the obvious would be to go back to a doctor, but I can't. I am living in another country on a temp visa with no income, and no medical cover. So I am just looking for any suggestions as to what could possibly cause this.

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    If your sore foot caused you to limp a lot you may have put extra stress on your other joints.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Google- IT Band, it sounds like it might be this.....easy to remedy....lots of stretching with a foam roller, which is usually pretty cheap, and easy to find.
  • justplainoleanne
    justplainoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Compensating for one injury usually causes a domino effect. Can you get to a massage therapist?
  • KBreezy76
    KBreezy76 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello dear, also google stretches for IT Band and hip flexors....Hope it gets better soon!!!
  • nickyc123
    nickyc123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you sooooo much! I googled IT Band and that has to be exactly what it is. I have foot problems and am supposed to have custom orthodics but can't afford them. It says that can cause that muscle to tighten, and where it describes the pain is exactly where I have it. I will start doing stretches for it. Thank you so much!
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A good deep full body massage would do wonders for you!
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Foam rollers work miracles for IT band issues. Painful (may be an underexageration) while using the foam roller, but helps tremendously! Most gyms have them that you can use, otherwise you can pick one up at any big box store or sporting goods store for less than $20