I'm new and I've lost my self esteem

Options
13»

Replies

• terri1106
    Options
    I'm relatively new to this as well... been doing good staying on track with my calories... but have seen no results yet on the scale :( but have noticed the extra energy I have which is nice, hoping the inches will soon vanish too!

Feel free to add me!
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi there, this site has been very helpful for me and everyone is very supportive. Its not the 'magic bullet' but it certainly does help to keep you motivated and accountable. Feel free to add me
  • Sheenamarie7
    Sheenamarie7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, good news, I found it. I wondered where all this self esteem came from.

I tell you what. This self esteem is pretty valuable, so I am not going to give it all back at once...Actually I am going to help you earn interest on it and you will have more than you started with. Here is the deal.....

Every day you eat right and exercise, I will give you a little back. As you reach your mini goals of weight, fitness, and well being, I will give you a bigger chunk back. You will see the interest it earns with me will give you more and more for each goal.....

However, the final price will be, when you have all that self esteem, you are probably going to have to help others with theirs....

I hope that isn't too expensive for you. Because I am sure you can do it. :)

Wow. This just restored my faith in humanity a little :)

I am new on here, Seeing all this support is SO great! You guys are all so awesome! First time posting, been reading for a couple weeks though, trying to get the hang of things.
  • whipit2shape
    Options
    Hi, I am also new and very excited about the journey ahead, I hope you are too, and know you can do this. Feel free to add me =)
  • waisted78
    waisted78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, Debs. Yes, I hate looking in the mirror too. But I feel good about what I am doing, here on this site, in my diet (just recently became a vegan), and my commitment to weightlifting and interval training. It's knowing you have to start somewhere and taking the initiative. I'll add you.
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Iam glad you have joined! I have to agree with you....I don't like mirrors either...but on the other hand...I do believe that someday i will like them. Remember: "All things are possible with God on your side!!" Blessings to you!! <><
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey, good news, I found it. I wondered where all this self esteem came from.

I tell you what. This self esteem is pretty valuable, so I am not going to give it all back at once...Actually I am going to help you earn interest on it and you will have more than you started with. Here is the deal.....

Every day you eat right and exercise, I will give you a little back. As you reach your mini goals of weight, fitness, and well being, I will give you a bigger chunk back. You will see the interest it earns with me will give you more and more for each goal.....

However, the final price will be, when you have all that self esteem, you are probably going to have to help others with theirs....

I hope that isn't too expensive for you. Because I am sure you can do it. :)

^^^This is beautiful.

Welcome, Debs! I hope you find all the support you need to start making healthier choices and begin feeling proud of yourself again!! There are many really wonderful people here on MFP. Feel free to add me. Best of luck to you on your journey!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :) I need some motivation and I have low self esteem. I need help on that lol
  • KatiePie16
    KatiePie16 Posts: 7
    Options
    Love this :)
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Friend request has been sent. Welcome and the secret is to take it one day at a time :flowerforyou:
  • Ames1026
    Ames1026 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is wonderful. Know that you are not alone in how you feel! You can do this one day at a time!!
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP. I just joined this month and I am thrilled with how it is working for me. I can tell a difference already. I have more energy and the jeans are already a little more loose! Please add me as a friend and we can work together to reach our goals!
  • songo_chan
    songo_chan Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello, and welcome. :) Im also new and looking for friends feel free to add me if you would like :)