5 hour energy

Options
aquasw16
aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
I have never used a 5 hour energy but I bought one for tomorrow morning. Here is my story:

last time I worked a 12 hour night shift and then had to go to class immediately following, I became dilusional. LIterally, I also almost fell asleep during my test!!!

Well, Tomorrow will be no different I am sure. You see, I woke up at noon today and couldnt take a nap between then and when I had to be at work at 645 pm. I dont get off tili 7 and go immediately to class, have a test, then a make up test!!! I am also supposed to get a massage at 2 that I can't cancel now cuz hell still charge me :(

So, what is everyone's experience with 5 hour energy? It is probably very subjective because I have heard some people get super hyper and jittery and others it doesn't affect. Let's just say a cup of coffee will not keep me up at night...so we shall see!! Wish me luck :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should stick with what you know? Do you usually have coffee or cola? Isn't 5 Hour Energy just a mega dose of caffeine and vitamins? If you are already a caffeine user, you should be fine.

Betcha sleep through the massage :tongue:
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've used them but they didn't seem to do anything different than an extra cup of coffee but I drink alot of coffee throughout the day anyway. Sorry couldn't be of more help.
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've used them when I felt completely exhausted which isn't often. Otherwise I stay away from them. I did a small test for myself when using it on my polar heart rate monitor and it wasn't as bad as I thought.
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    I know others probably won't agree, but 5 Hour Energy has literally changed my life. I'm not a coffee drinker and I never noticed any effect from drinking caffeinated sodas. With 5 Hour Energy, I start to feel energized, motivated, and HAPPY within minutes. I drink one right before I work out and it gets me so pumped up! I do notice, however, that when I drink one every single day, my body doesn't react to it as strongly so I don't drink them ALL the time. I would definitely recommend it. BUT...not everyone responds to high doses of caffeine the same way, so you might want to try one just on a normal day when you're not doing anything important so you can see how you react. Good luck! :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think it'll depend on your caffeine tolerance. Some people (usually those who consume a lot of caffeine) say they don't notice ANY difference from them. Other people (those who are usually low caffeine consumers and/or have a sensitivity to it) say they make their heart race and feel hyper and out of control. For someone in the middle, I think it'll be like a normal energy drink or a strong cup of coffee. :)
  • doinitforme2012
    doinitforme2012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i used to have the all the time when i had to work long shifts. they perked me up like a cup of coffee and just kept me perky with out the crash of coffee or other energy drinks.
  • 2triscuit
    2triscuit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love 5 hr Energy... tastes like crap but does the trick. And no, it isn't a ton of caffeine. I suppose it could make some people jittery, but it hasn't for me or my husband. We use them when driving cross country. For a 12 hour drive, I'll start with my 1 cup of coffee, drive 6 hours, and stop for lunch. That's when I drink my 5Hr... I don't get the afternoon sleepiness and so am good to keep going. On shorter trips, if I find myself not alert enough, I'll stop, get out of the car, deep breaths, squats, a few jumping jacks... and a 5Hr. ;)

I have also found them to be useless once I am totally exhausted. I doubt that they'd be much good during severe sleep deprivation.
  • GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It really does not have that much caffiene. About that of a cup of coffee. It DOES have lots of vitamin support.

I use them when I have Tech Week for my Community Theatre shows. LONG rehearsals! Not great as a habit I guess, but either is coffee!

http://www.5hourenergy.com/ingredients.asp
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have one 10 oz cup of coffee a day and that is it. I did try my regular coffee last time I worked the 12 hour shift and had to go to class ...and it did nothing! :( Well I am glad it seems to have worked for most of you!! I am going to start with half the bottle and see how that goes and then go from there!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    i love it lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hey, my experience is that when i took it one time i felt my heart beat faster while playing basketball but it was ok but there was one time where the day after tue dat i was under the weather day 1 uweather, day 3 now, took it around the hour of if rrcall hour of 10 am , by 12 ish i believe , if you know what a f750 is i wanted to do a burnout because i felt so good and i felt great as well in tye 1:50 timebperiod, i had more walkinh powerm best experience ever with proactiv

I think you need to lay off the 5 hour energy, bro.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Be careful. Do not take with coffee and if you are sensitive to B vitamins stay away. My daughter had a B vitamin overdose episode on it. Luckily she only took 1/2.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    5 hour energy.......5 year old post brought up...... 6nd9q9mhxesz.jpg